Associate
Currently on the tank lvl, and currently getting my ass kicked :p

Must admit to play this game on anything but veteran just wouldnt feel right

~J~

~J~

Soldato
GuruJockStrap said:
Onto to Hill 400 for me. :(

I think you've deserved some R&R mate, write to your loved ones, listen to Dame Vera Lynn first, it'll help you remember of home and what you're fighting for.

God speed my friend, God speed.

Soldato
~J~ said:
I think you've deserved some R&R mate, write to your loved ones, listen to Dame Vera Lynn first, it'll help you remember of home and what you're fighting for.

God speed my friend, God speed.

You 'orrible lot, where do you think you are? Butlins with you mummy?

Enough idling, look sharp and back to the front soldier, there's a war to be won!

Soldato
hmmm.... been playing this for a couple of days now. about 3 hours worth i reckon. currently on hardened, wondering wether to carry on, or go back and start on veteren.

Soldato
GuruJockStrap said:
This Silo sniping is bordering on the impossible!

Artillery coming up all over the compass and its impossible to keep a note of which has been on the compass the longest.

EDIT: WOOT! Just done it!

I've seen lots of people complain about that bit but I didn't find it bad at all, the hardest part was clearing the damn houses in the village before that, I got a few more grey hairs that day...

~J~

~J~

Soldato
No, I didn't have much hassle with Silo. As Wyrdo said, clearing the houses was a toughy, but VERY strategic I thought, especially when you lobbed the grenade in a bedroom and they all ran to the next!

The 'start' of Hill400, when you set off and charge like mad was very hit or miss (or just sheer utter luck!). The only one I was reallu surprised was Crossing the Rhine which I thought was a piece of cake and was expecting it to be the toughest seeing as it was the last level (it was also the shortest!)

Soldato
Start of Hill 400 Attack you need to make sure you got the pistol otherwise you'll run really slowly.

Got to the top and just need to breach the main bunker and clear it.

Problem is theres just waves and waves of Germans and I have no idea where the bunker door is. :o

Really should've played through on normal first. Borrowed this off my mate and slapped it straight on Veteran.

Motar crews are all killed and I'm standing by the tank I've just blew up with the explosives.

Can somebody point me in the right direction please!

Soldato
0gami said:
I'll have to give that a try been stuck on this one for days!

Its still frustrating but less than try to take house E.

Took me a few days to eventually complete that mission. Currently on the Hill 400 where you have to defend the Hill against a German attack.

You thought Silo was bad......

Soldato
Yay! Just defended Hill 400.

Wasn't as bad as I initally thought. Made easier when you find a nice spot to crouch and all your team group around you and kill an German in sight.;)

Soldato
Finally completed D-Day and the last 'Silo' mission last night and wow it was tough - and a long old mission! I also found clearing the buildings much harder than the actual sniping part, which on the Xbox forums seems to considered the 'hardest' part of the game?

I took building A then straight over to F under the cover of some smoke. From then on it wasn't so bad. As for the sniping I just followed everyones advice and kept a close eye on the order the starts were appearing. In fact, I found the hardest part was actually spotting the damn Mortar teams!

GuruJockStrap said:
......You thought Silo was bad......
Oh great! Will be starting Hill 400 tonight :)

Soldato
Hill 400 isn't that bad.

Just make sure when you assault the Hill that you've got the pistol as it'll make you run faster when holding it. If you haven't, restart the mission (don't continue) so you do.

Defending the Hill can be tricky.

Only tip I can you you for the first part (taking out mortar guys) is to keep low and move slowly. Also, try and stick with your team as they divert a lot of the Germans attention away from you.

The second part is tough but I've found a great little camping spot that makes that part really easy. Won't tell you but if you get stuck let me know.

Soldato
GuruJockStrap said:
Yay! Just defended Hill 400.

Wasn't as bad as I initally thought. Made easier when you find a nice spot to crouch and all your team group around you and kill an German in sight.;)

Yeah, hill 400 wasn't too bad. I hid in a little bunker and cried like a girl.

Caporegime
GuruJockStrap said:
Its still frustrating but less than try to take house E.

Took me a few days to eventually complete that mission. Currently on the Hill 400 where you have to defend the Hill against a German attack.

You thought Silo was bad......

The only house I found difficult to take was the German HQ (I believe it's building B) the rest were relatively straight forward. Silo was much MUCH harder than Hill 400 though, which I found to be the easiest of all the chapters. I just sat on the stairs for large periods, then ran around the building and sat back on the steps, did this 3 times and then I got the sniping section.

Soldato
I managed Hill400 in 3hrs last night and found it quite easy for some reason, maybe I've just got a bit better at the game because I spent days on it in Hardened mode.

D-Day and Rommels Last Stand remain :/

Soldato
Kainz said:
I managed Hill400 in 3hrs last night and found it quite easy for some reason, maybe I've just got a bit better at the game because I spent days on it in Hardened mode.

D-Day and Rommels Last Stand remain :/
I also completed Hill 400 last night :) The first part was easy and the climb up the hill doing the bunkers was fun. Finding the Sniper rifle in the first bunker helped a lot I imagine!

Defending the top of the Hill was pretty tough though, but soon enough had the P51 Mustangs raining down.

So just Crossing The Rhine left to do now :)

I still can't get over what an awesome gaming experience this has been. Top marks to Infinity Ward for making such a great and long sequel!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom