Coincidences

Man of Honour
This last 4 years I've had 4 major coincidences. I don't believe in the paranormal but these are just too good to be true.

1 - About 4 years ago my wife had a brand new phone on christmas morning. We put it together with the brand new sim and turned it on. Immediately she had a call message and she listened to it. She passed the phone to me and it sounded like my drummer talking to another guy about a party he was having. I rang him up and asked him if he knew a Tony that he'd asked to come to a party etc and he said he had. We compared numbers and he had dialled one wrong number and got my wifes new phone. Of all the millions of phones etc ..................

2 - Did a first set in a pub and a gorgeous 20-ish blond called me over. She kept me talking for 20 mins before I went back on. After the gig she kept me talking again but i took it as a shoulder to lean on. At work on Monday I'm sitting at a table with 7 workmates boasting I could still pull young girls at 46. At that moment she walked in the canteen and of course everybody thought I was lying. On her way back she saw me, stopped and apologised for keeping me talking the other night. My mates were gobsmacked. She had started at our place one hour earlier. Of all the women in Stoke etc .............

3 - About a month ago I was looking for a horror film for my mate on Ebay. I looked at the sellers other items and he had football DVD's another mate would be interested in. Both buyers live less than 100 yards from each other. One of them was paying cash and the seller sent his address. Unbelievable - he lived ten doors away from the buyer and less than 100 yards from the other buyer. Of all the people in the world etc .............

4 - last week a bloke came to me and said that he'd heard I could transfer vinyl to CD. I iffed and arred about it and said it took a long time. He said that the guy had searched high and low for these albums and finally found them after 30 years. They were a local band to him who he watched in the pubs and clubs when he was younger. I then related a story about the last vinyl I'd transferred of a band I saw supporting Queen in 1974 called Hustler and went on to explain how I do it. He said he would ring his mate and see how much he was willing to pay. Today he rang and said his mate had a quote of £40 plus VAT plus P&P for the two albums and he was happy with that :eek: I said I would do it for half that and asked for his number. I rang him up, told him the price and asked what the band was called. You guessed it - it was Hustler. Of all the bands in the world etc ...................

Anybody beat them?

Soldato
Not involving me, but on another forum (Pearl Drummers Forum) a bloke asks if anyone has seen a Pearl MasterWorks in a certain specification. Now MasterWorks are fully customisable, so the bloke had chosen all his drums in terms of diameter, depth, shell composition (mixture of different plys/woods), colour etc. He chose pretty strange sizes (like a 15"x14" tom, 17"x16" floor etc) and a unique colour, something like "Sea Floor Blue over Tamo." Of course, there were posts saying he'd have to order it as MW's are not stock kits, and his specs were weird. Turned out his local Guitar Center had the exact specifications in stock, and it'd been there for 2 years! :D

As for me, since a couple of weeks ago I've been looking for a Pearl ICON Drum Rack on eBay as they are pretty expensive new, and I'd like to get it pre-new drum kit. Most objects of this nature are collection only. (large, difficult to post) The first one that came up was brand new and belonged to a bloke who lived in Stoke! Won it for a bargain price (£130, usual new price £260) and my mum's picking it up for me this Thursday :)

Soldato
Went on holiday to Portugal and met some girls there, after a couple of hours chatting discovered that one of them lived at the end of our road. Pretty coincedental but not really a patch on yours! :D

Man of Honour
OP
Royality said:
Went on holiday to Portugal and met some girls there, after a couple of hours chatting discovered that one of them lived at the end of our road. Pretty coincedental but not really a patch on yours! :D

Of all the holidays in al the world, of all the girls from any nationality etc .....................
Thats a good un.

Associate
I went to Tenby once in Wales for 2 weeks when I was about 7, was there having a couple of rounds on the crazy golf course and who do I catch up to putting rather slowly.....the girl I apparently fancied (I didnt really, we were just good mates) :eek: 200 miles and what a place to meet and what a person to meet!

edit - Went to Greece on holiday and stayed in apartments which had a privately run bar, the guy who ran it, well his aunty lived 10 minutes walk from me in Hyde, Manchester! On the same holiday we also met a family from Mottram....about 5 minutes drive!

Associate
Years ago there was a crowd of us out for a game of ten pin bowling. As the people on the next lane were leaving I passed a remark to my mate about a girl that was leaving with them thinking she was good looking etc..

Called in to see my mate on his work break the next day and we popped round to the cafe that was in his complex. Who served us, yep the same girl I mentioned the night before. Ended up going out for a while after that.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Shortly after starting uni we got put into coursework groups for our first project with random people from our course. During the first meeting we were discussing where we'd been to school etc. and I just happened to mention a brief period of two years when I was about eleven where I attended a small school in Dorset. Turns out that one of the guys in the group was at that school at the exact same time in the same year but we'd been in adjacent classrooms. Of all the idiots on all the courses in all the universities etc.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
My flatmate and I were at the same college together for a year, didn't know eachother. He's from Basildon and I'm from Southend - two towns next to eachother. We live together 300 odd miles away from home. Quite strange really. I only met the guy when I moved into my flat.

I guess it's quite coincidental, but not as much as yours are dmp ;)

Soldato
Was in Dublin for St Patrick's Day this year. With a group of mates from university. We decided to grab some food, so we walk around looking for a nice restaurant. Find one and go in. Get seated by the waitress, and once I've sat down I get a tap on the shoulder. Turns out it was the midwife of my little brother who my family have become friends with since he was born five years ago. Freaked the hell out of me haha.

Soldato
was able to attend the omgwtfbbq last year because i was camping myself (helping out at a scoutcamp) about 20 miles down the road the same week. couldn't have been planned better :)

Associate
dmpoole said:
Anybody beat them?

I was just about to post this exact same thread!! :p

seriously though I live in a small(ish) town in lincolnshire in a house that is detached from the street with a big gravel drive. As my house is inbetween the street and the local park you can cut through my drive to save time and we (my family) are often shouting at people (when we're bored) trying to take a short cut.

Anyhows, ive been at uni for 3 years and in my new house i get talking to our cleaner about the xmas holidays. Turns out her brother used to live in the exact same town as me! However, he passed away but the funeral was at the church next to my house. To add insult to injury my cleaner finished the conversation with the quote "yeah, we all took a shortcut to the cemetary", which you guessed it was across my driveway!!

so of all the cities i could go to uni, of all the houses i could rent (with or without cleaners!) of all the cleaners with all their relatives living in all the towns in all the country having their funeral in the curch next to mine AND having the cleaner walk through my drive is insane! I might have even shouted at her for doing so (although it was for a funeral so may have let her off :p )

not sure if it beats yours though, that phone number one is crazy.

Suspended
dmpoole said:
3 - About a month ago I was looking for a horror film for my mate on Ebay. I looked at the sellers other items and he had football DVD's another mate would be interested in. Both buyers live less than 100 yards from each other. One of them was paying cash and the seller sent his address. Unbelievable - he lived ten doors away from the buyer and less than 100 yards from the other buyer. Of all the people in the world etc .............
Weren't they Stoke City DVDs though? It makes it sound a little less impressive if so. ;)

Soldato
When I was about 13 or 14 I got talking to a girl in a chatroom who turned out to live down my street - it was weird saying

Where do you live?
UK!
Me too! Whereabouts?
Cheshire
Me too! Whereabouts?
Oh this small town near Crewe
Wtf me too whereabouts :/
Alsager...
Wtf me too whereabouts?!

Not very big but still... of all the chatrooms in all the world :)

Arcade Fire said:
Weren't they Stoke City DVDs though? It makes it sound a little less impressive if so. ;)

Still, there are 238,000 people in Stoke and a lot of Stoke fans outside of Stoke - it's a pretty big coincidence :)

Back
Top Bottom