Coke Zero

Soldato
just got back from the shop and bought a 2litre bottle, and i bloody love it :D , it has quite a hint of normal coke in it but leaves no nasty after taste etc very nice :D

Soldato
Psyk said:
Apparently the sweetener in Pepsi Max is actually worse for you than sugar. Coke Zero is probably the same if true.

Aspertam? Most "sugar free" drinks contain it. It's an artificial sweetner and has been linked to cancer, like most things :rolleyes:

Jokester said:
Strange that, Coca Cola were giving it away free at my work today.

Tastes just like Diet Coke.

Jokester

They were giving small cans away for free in my local town also. I'm not a fan of Coke so I didn't bother, I'm more of a Fanta guy myself :D

Soldato
dont know if anyones mentioned this but.. apparently the sugar alternative stuff in there is deadly to your mind if you take it regulary.

its probs not true, but i believe in it.

Soldato
shimy182 said:
dont know if anyones mentioned this but.. apparently the sugar alternative stuff in there is deadly to your mind if you take it regulary.

Its true. Everything with sweetners in contains a source phenylalanine. And aspartame etc etc. Very bad for you.

Soldato
shimy182 said:

i drink a lot of coke this is why i always drink normal probs not as bad as the diets/zero etc

Associate
shimy182 said:

not sure if this is in coke zero but a sweetner called aspartame causes mass liver damage if taken in large enough doses..... well so say some doctors and scientists but hey what do they know....

i had some coke zero the other day its not as sweet id say even with all the chemicals in it.

BTW this isnt a new idea pepsi have had pepsi max out for years cant believe its taken this long for coke to steal this gimic

Permabanned
Some people are very gullible! Don't believe everything you read on the net :rolleyes:
Aspartame (L-alpha-aspartyl-L-phenylalanine methyl ester) is perfectly safe.

You do realise that the core components of Aspartame (amino acid's, Aspartic Acid & Phenylalanine) are found in natural foods such as no-fat milk in strengths 6-13X that of a can of diet coke!!
Also tomato juice provides 6x as much methanol than that of an equivalent amount of diet drink with aspartame!!

New NIH/NCI Study Confirms Safety of Aspartame
Five-Year, Government Funded, Epidemiology Study Shows No Risk Between Aspartame and Cancer

A new epidemiology study from the National Cancer Institute confirms previous study conclusions that there is no link between aspartame consumption and leukemias, lymphomas and brain tumors. The study, presented at the American Association of Cancer Research meeting in Washington, D.C., evaluated over 500,000 men and women between the ages of 50 and 69 over a five-year period. The researchers report, “Our findings from this epidemiologic study suggest that consumption of aspartame-containing beverages does not raise the risk of hematopoietic or brain malignancies.”
http://www.aspartame.org/NICNIHrelease06.doc

European Food Safety Authority Re-Confirms Safety of Aspartame: Comprehensive Review of Ramazzini Study Demonstrates No Scientific Evidence of Aspartame and Cancer Link
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) announced there is no reason to recommend any dietary change in regard to the low-calorie sweetener, aspartame. The report from EFSA’s AFC Panel specifically states, “In its opinion published today, the Panel concluded, on the basis of all the evidence currently available, that there is no need to further review the safety of aspartame nor to revise the previously established Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) for aspartame (40 mg/kg/body weight).” EFSA’s statement is the result of its review of a recent study by the Ramazzini Institute, which alleged an increased risk of leukemia and lymphoma with aspartame use.
http://www.aspartame.org/EFSArelnews06.doc

British Medical Journal Editorial Concludes Aspartame Criticisms Are Unfounded
The October 2, 2004 issue of the British Medical Journal carries an editorial concluding that aspartame has been "demonised unfairly" in sections of the press and on the Internet.

The BMJ editorial states: "Evidence does not support links between aspartame and cancer, hair loss, depression, dementia, behavioural disturbances, or any of the other conditions appearing in websites. Agencies such as the Food Standards Agency, European Food Standards Authority, and the Food and Drug Administration have a duty to monitor relations between foodstuffs and health and to commission research when reasonable doubt emerges. Aspartame's safety was convincing to the European Scientific Committee on Food in 1988,but proving negatives is difficult, and it is even harder to persuade vocal sectors of the public whose opinions are fuelled more by anecdote than by evidence. The Food Standards Agency takes public concerns very seriously and thus pressed the European Scientific Committee on Food to conduct a further review, encompassing over 500 reports, in 2002. It concluded from biochemical, clinical, and behavioural research that the acceptable daily intake of 40 mg/kg/day of aspartame remained entirely safe-except for people with phenylketonuria."
http://www.aspartame.org/pdf/bmj.pdf

Canadian Diabetes Association Confirms the Safety of Aspartame in Updated Review on Sweeteners
The Canadian Diabetes Association recently confirmed the safety of aspartame as part of its "Canadian Diabetes Association National Nutrition Committee Technical Review: Non-nutritive Intense Sweeteners in Diabetes Management" and published in the Canadian Journal of Diabetes. The report notes:

"Its [aspartame's] safety has been further confirmed through studies in several human subpopulations, including: healthy infants, children, adolescents and adults; obese individuals with or without diabetes; lactating women; and individuals heterozygous for the genetic disease phenylketonuria (PKU), who have a decreased ability to metabolize phenylalanine."

"At this time, there is no scientific evidence to support the negative health effects that have been ascribed to aspartame."

"The use of aspartame- containing food products may improve weight loss and weight control in a multidisciplinary
program. People who wish to lose weight may safely use non-nutritive sweeteners, ensuring they are replacing energy-dense foods or sucrose sweetened beverages, not nutrient-dense foods such as milk and fruit juices."
http://www.diabetes.ca/Section_Professionals/pub_cjd_dec2004.asp#5

National Parkinson Foundation
The National Parkinson Foundation states that there is no evidence indicating that aspartame is linked to Parkinson's disease and that “Aspartame has been approved as safe for human consumption by the United States Food and Drug Administration, by regulatory authorities in over 90 countries.” The National Parkinson Foundation is an organization dedicated to finding the cause and cure for Parkinson's disease and related neurodegenerative disorders through research.
http://www.parkinson.org/site/apps/s/content.asp?c=9dJFJLPwB&b=108269&ct=89681

Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Clinical Research Center conducted a study which concluded that aspartame is safe for the general population. Findings are noted here in this section entitled “Study reaffirms safety of aspartame.” MIT is known for its Nobel prize-winning staff and excellence in science and math.
URL: http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/tt/1998/sep16/aspartame.html

Mayo Clinic
The Mayo Clinic asserts that aspartame is not to blame for brain tumors and notes that The Multiple Sclerosis Foundation, the Arthritis Foundation and the American Cancer Society, among other reputable sources, have all rebutted this widely circulated myth that Aspartame causes multiple sclerosis, lupus and tumors. This multi-campus health system is a leader in clinical practice, research and education and is a trusted name in health care.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?objectid=C367D268-8929-4BA8-8DBACAD0320E8099

Last edited:
Associate
It may sound very stupid, but I dont understand the point of Coke Zero? Diet Coke has next to no calories 0. something or other so what is the difference? Or is it just a taste thing? :confused:

Man of Honour
Libs said:
It may sound very stupid, but I dont understand the point of Coke Zero? Diet Coke has next to no calories 0. something or other so what is the difference? Or is it just a taste thing? :confused:

it's cokes version of Pepsi Max.. I think than rather using artificial sweetners, it uses something else to substitute the sweet taste. I think

Max for the WIn

Love your siggy btw #fnnrrr# but not the dog :o

;)

Back
Top Bottom