1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colour combinations... Grey and ?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by agw_01, 16 May 2006.

1. agw_01

Capodecina

Red or Yellow?

Just throwing some colour combo's around.

This colour will be used for my brake callipers (don't worry, I'll be painting the bigger brakes... not my current ones), interior wood trim and seats (considering a re-trim in either coloured cloth or alcantara... depends on cost etc).

Or whatever else you think will match well with metallic grey... silver perhaps.

Just throwing some ideas around at the moment.

Cheers guys :)

2. Nozzer

Banned

Depends on the car...

3. agw_01

Capodecina

Mine :p

4. Nozzer

Banned

Yellow will look odd unless you have some other yellow parts on the car, I reckon.

5. Berger

Capodecina

Black, with perhaps white for the lettering on the calipers if there is any (and they are good) anything else would look a bit daft imo.

6. agw_01

Capodecina

True, but that's why I'll be doing the seats and interior wood trim the same colour as the calipers. So at least there'll be some sort of theme going on.

Also going to change the dial backlight to match whatever colour I use.

7. agw_01

Capodecina

Already sorted some lettering :) Just the word 'Rover' in the proper font.

Black would be good for the brakes, but what about the seats? A friend of mine has painted his wood trim white and it looks really smart. I guess white cloth/black leather seats would look ok.

8. TripleT

Sgarrista

You're putting "Rover" on the calipers? :o

Just plain black, ditto with the interior. Do you know how much leather retrims cost?

9. agw_01

Capodecina

Yep :)

Was going to get proper 'RoverSport' decals but can't find them anywhere. And I think the calipers would look crap with MG decals... the brakes are going to be ZS180 brakes btw... still Rover but uprated.

I won't be getting a leather re-trim. My car already has half leather. I want to replace the cloth with different coloured cloth or alcantara.

10. Zip

Capodecina

Pink interor :cool:

How about white :D

Or just black?

11. agw_01

Capodecina

I think black calipers with white text would look good. Having the seats re-trimmed black would kinda defeat the point though, so maybe white for the wood trim and seats.

I had the idea that black and red/black and yellow went well together. Ok my car isn't black, but it's close enough.

12. TripleT

Sgarrista

White trim on the dash? :o Got any pic's of your mates? In my mind it's looking gash I'm afraid! :o :p

13. [huzeeee]

Hitman

Red calipers with out a doubt and black letters. With a grey car you have to put some colout in to spice it up a bit. As for the black and white seats :D do it it would look very nice. But as above the white trim would look gash, spray it up the same colour as the car.

14. agw_01

Capodecina

15. [huzeeee]

Hitman

Yeah they look good actully, erm still red calipers, or i think your car will look like its stuck in a 50's western. Black text stands out more.

maybe for your retrim do it al in cream, with red piping :D that would look spot on, you would have to do your door cards and stuff aswell though

Last edited: 16 May 2006
  16. agw_01

Capodecina

Cool :)

Anyone else have any suggestions/input?

Oh, I'm not keeping the standard wheels btw.

I'm currently trying to pick some 16's. The brakes should fill them nicely.

17. [huzeeee]

Hitman

Which colour wheels, ive got a mini in progress and im having black rims its nearly the same colour car so.. Red behind black for the win. Im biased though
    :p

18. Berger

Capodecina

Theres a nice half leather ash/grey 1998 coupe interior on rovertech at the mo which could look nice if you do use white/black/grey, but im unsure on the rear seat sizes, i guess the fronts and perhaps the door cards would go straight over but the rear seats wouldnt be the same....?

19. agw_01

Capodecina

I'm looking at some gunmetal Rota Grids with a polished lip, but am having trouble deciding between that and some silver ones.

berger, yeah I think the rear seats are ever so slightly different. I'll check it out though :)

20. TripleT

Sgarrista

Well i think the text will look tacky as too the white :o

But then I like my stuff nice and simple personally :)