• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**** COME AND EXPERIENCE GAMING IN 3D WITH OcUK ****

Soldato
OP
Evening :) Firstly a big thanks to all of you guys that came today.

I'd also like to say a huge thank you to Nvidia and Viewsonic who played a big part in the organising and running of today. I'll speak to Louis on Monday to see if he can send me some of the photos he took.

It was the first "vendor day" we have ever done and hopefully they'll be more to come in the future even bigger and better.

Anyway I'm off for a beer :)

Soldato

I'd also like to say a huge thank you to Nvidia and Viewsonic who played a big part in the organising and running of today. I'll speak to Louis on Monday to see if he can send me some of the photos he took.

It was the first "vendor day" we have ever done and hopefully they'll be more to come in the future even bigger and better.

It was a great event. If i had the cash i would most certainly have invested in one of the kits.

I did buy an SSD to, so at least i paid for something :p

EDIT : That 3d camera was great as well.

Soldato

Cheers, really enjoyed it (got me out of the house). I liked the 3D in shift but as someone pointed out (I think it was the dad of someone from the warehouse, who did audio and visual stuff or something) the dashboard, lap timings etc looked rather odd. Batman looked nice (along with Physx, something else I hadn't seen before) so look forward to playing that (minus Physx :rolleyes:) Loved the photos too, but as many have stated this stuff all comes at a price, which even with my nice student loan I can't justify right now.

Was def worth the 2 hours it takes to get there from my house in Derby!

From the computer games programmer to be :p

Philip

Soldato
Thanks for the free copy of Batman and the Glasses, i've just tried them out together and while its not quite the same experience as the setups we saw today its still pretty sweet! :D
I wouldn't mind having another play on one now tbh :p

Associate
I really enjoyed the demo's etc... Need for Speed Shift was especially good and I was good to meet some of you as well.

The technology was pretty amazing to say the least. Now I've got to figure out how to afford it all.

I do hope that someone manages to post up the photos from the event.

Soldato
Well i finally got round to playinmg the free copy of batman and with steroscopic 3D enabled in the nvidia control panel i used the free glasses we got.

I have to say its very very good, even without the 120Hz TFT. Quite a difference and almost as good as what we saw at ocuk :cool:

Associate
Well i finally got round to playinmg the free copy of batman and with steroscopic 3D enabled in the nvidia control panel i used the free glasses we got.

I have to say its very very good, even without the 120Hz TFT. Quite a difference and almost as good as what we saw at ocuk :cool:

I think it works well because there isn't a lot of colour in the Batman game in the first place.

Soldato
Just ran the built in benchmark on Batman afew times, quite a performance drop when using 3D Vision Discover. I don't have the most powerful PC (AMD X2 4400+ @ FX60 / 9600GT / 3Gb ram) but I didn't expect the framerate to drop that much!

My results with the settings used :

3D Enabled.
2m6kim9.png

jfgaxd.jpg

3D Disabled.
332xhft.png

2gww6j4.jpg

3D Disabled but with 16xAA
15mjm1h.png

33li2vp.jpg

And just for another comparison 3D Disabled, 2xAA, Physx set to High.
2rojhh3.png

5vos20.jpg

Associate
Sounds like everyone was very impressed with the 3D. I must admit I'm now very curious about seeing the demos. If only it wasn't such a trek for me to get to Stoke.

Soldato
Well that 39 frame hit using PhsyX can't be exaggerated, a drop like that from a few bits of paper flying about, dear me. :/

In fairness tho a 9600GT on its own isnt going to be able to do the game + physx. The game recommends a GTX260 or above for GFX and a 9800GTX fro physx.

Pity i sold my 8800GTS 640 last week or i couldve tried it, it sut in my pc for months with no decent physx game after i finished mirrors edge :p

But i did notice it was more sluggish using the 3d vision thena without it. I'll do a benchie tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom