Command & Conquer 4K remaster coming

Soldato
I’m loving this remaster but it is just highlighting just how good Total Annihilation was in my mind, that came out in a year after Red Alert and STILL looks better than this remaster lol. It also has stuff this game still doesn’t such as construction waypoints and ultra widescreen support, if they ever want to release a remaster for that bad boy they just need to add a zooming camera.

Is the TA remaster not Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance? I loved C&C, and really enjoyed the multiplayer. But I did have some mega experiences of TA as well. My PC at the time struggled to run it though.

Soldato
Is the TA remaster not Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance? I loved C&C, and really enjoyed the multiplayer. But I did have some mega experiences of TA as well. My PC at the time struggled to run it though.
I think everyone's pc did struggle with it at the time. I remember I bought the game during a summer trip to Kilkenny (from Spain) and when I got home my computer did not run it. I had a 486DX4100Mhz from AMD and moved to a Pentium II 266 and 128Mb of Ram shortly after (and then 256Mb of Ram!) so it could run properly.

I did like SCFA immensely but I don't think it is a direct replacement of TA, as it doesn't do many of the things the original did as well.

Associate
It took me years until I could play TA in all its glory as my PC couldn’t handle it at the time.

Multiplayer over serial cable oh the joys

Associate
Really enjoying playing through the campaigns again. Tried my hand at multiplayer, but I'm awful at it. Can't seem to wrap my head around the default key bindings. Anyone got a good alternative setup for that? I suppose I could try to copy CoH2, or something.

Caporegime
Nod mission 9 - Reinforce Egypt.

Once you recover the base in the bottom left of the map, is there a way to keep the commando alive? The AI sends over an airstrike that targets him wherever he seems to be, and SAM sites and Rocket troopers are too slow to respond.

Soldato
Nod mission 9 - Reinforce Egypt.

Once you recover the base in the bottom left of the map, is there a way to keep the commando alive? The AI sends over an airstrike that targets him wherever he seems to be, and SAM sites and Rocket troopers are too slow to respond.
I havent played it but this might be of help

Soldato
I havent played it but this might be of help

painful he didnt zoom out radar to get tactical awareness, and a way to move units round quicker.

but yeah airstrike will target most northern unit or defensive structure.

--edit--

After reading reddit, it seems this video trick wont work, apparently the AI has been changed so it no longer targets the top peft unit, instead it places a value on each unit you have and then targets the one with the higher value.

Since the commander in early part of the mission is the one getting the kills, it explains why the airstrikes pick on him.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Finished the Soviets last night. Anyone else done it? Difficulty definitely spikes on the last couple of missions and the last one is brutal.

Cruiser range feels way shorter than I remember too.

Soldato
Started the GDI campaign.

Really enjoying it so far. But I'm finding it a bit glitchy. Could be the glitches were present in the originals but it's been so long, I cant remember.

Couple of examples.

Group of mixed infantry standing on a "land bridge" type bit of scenery. Harvester just parks up in front of them. I'm sure your units used to move out of the way to allow other units to pass?

Loaded APC - sometimes let's out one unit. Sometimes all of them. Also, sometimes the open icon to unload is clickable but nothing happens.

Group of infantry - click a NOD turret to attack. They all run towards it but only some of them attack. The units used to work around obstacles until they were in range but it's like if the obstacle is other units they just stand there and dont do anything.

Also clicking on inaccessible terrain seems to have a habit on deselcting the unit you are trying to move.

Kind of feels like I have to constantly babysit each group of units when they are doing anything, otherwise they all end up dead!

Maybe that's how it used to be, though?

Still, it's a cracking remaster. Brings back good memories :)

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Any one having the issue were you cant queue up units in the building tab, its on the options but it wont allow it.

Soldato
The game is been patched, so some stuff will get fixed I guess.

Lots of negative feedback on reddit/steam for AI airstrikes so hopefully they get toned down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom