1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Command & Conquer First Decade

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Voy06, 25 May 2006.

1. Voy06

Hitman

I am thinking of buying the above game but are there any resolution issues with the older C&C games.

I really liked the old Red Alert games but don't want to be playing it if it's blocky.

Thanks in advance.

2. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

C&C and Red alert 1 are fixed at 640*480 max but the others scale to anything you want. You'd have to be a bit of a retentive not to buy the game based on that though.

3. James Bond

Hitman

Yeah, its an excellent collection, well worth getting. The Old C&C games look fine for me. Dont forget to get the 1.2 Patch so you can enjoy all those old cut scenes again :D

4. Yewen

Capodecina

I still really need to get this.

Can not justify the price though, as it is for the first games only really.

5. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Red alert 2 and tiberium sun are still very good games. The only disappointment in the pack is generals and maybe renegade.

6. NightmareXX

Wise Guy

Erk generals. What were they thinking when they created that?! Just doesn't go with the other C&C series.

I rather like renegade. For the time it was made I think its good and if you can play it online, its really good fun.

7. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

I enjoy renegade but not many people share my fondness, hence why I said maybe.

8. kdd

Mobster

Generals is ok don't see what the problem is.

9. Blue Cypher

Wise Guy

I personally really like generals and the expansion zero hour! but each to his own, red alert 2 was the best though!

10. Voy06

Hitman

I've never played Yuri's revenge, but I liked all of them. The hardest one out of them all IMO was Tiberian Sun.

Good series.

11. Killerkebab

Sgarrista

The convenience of a single pack for all of the C&C games is something you may want to consider. It really is just the one DVD :D

12. HangTime

Man of Honour

I completed Renegade a couple of months ago, I thought it was a very underrated FPS. There's a fantastic array of weapons and very varied environments. A few annoying bugs to be sure, but a fun game with good cutscenes and constantly updating objectives to keep you on your toes.

In fact I wrote a 'mini-review'/analysis for it here: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17544374

As regards the other games, I'm a big fan of Red Alert 2 (played through the co-op missions again last year) and of course the classics are there too - haven't touched them since the 90s though.

All in all it's a great value pack unless you own most of the titles already.

13. Wang Computer

Wise Guy

The First Decade is an utter bargain, in my opinion. Buying all of those games seperately, even now, would set you back much more than it's 20 odd pound asking price.

Generals was a really good game, well, multiplayer at least. I didn't like the adoption of the Warcraft style game dynamics, yet it still proved to be great fun at many LAN shindigs I've attended in the past.

14. jim5000

Hitman

The hardest one of all was the addon for the first C&C. I think it was called covert ops or something...