1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Common disregard for rules and regulations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrochester, 1 Feb 2020.

1. Dis86

Suspended

That doesn't explain why classifications other than white british are more likely to commit crimes...

2. Orionaut

Sgarrista

2 second rule only applies in urban sub-30 areas.

One should really use 3 seconds at motorway speeds! (Basically it is 2 second base but also 1 second/20MPH)

Most people do not appreciate this which is why motorway pileups happen!

3. Malevolence

Capodecina

Guilty! They can get ****** if they think I'm leaving my rucksack and coat behind. I'm happy taking the risk of an extra 30s or so to grab them before leaving the building.

4. Foghorn Leghorn

Wise Guy

Because they/we can. There's plenty of rules, regulations, laws etc that I ignore but only if it doesn't affect others. It's all about picking your moments ;)

5. chroniclard

Capodecina

If you don't like it here go elsewhere.

6. LOAM

Capodecina

Our fire alarm goes off about twice a week for no reason, it's then tested on a Wednesday and Friday. Twice a week 160 people have to trudge out into whatever weather for 20 mins and I damn well go back to my desk to get coat and bag every time and I always will.

7. Mcnumpty2323

Mobster

Yeah most people will
    If can't see flames
    Or see/smell smoke they assume
    It's a false alarm

8. Dis86

Suspended

I'd rather criminals did. Especially ones we import. Also noted yet again you whine when someone points out something that defeats your left-tard mental being.

9. Sindri

Hitman

Imported criminals culturally enrich us, how dare you.

10. chroniclard

Capodecina

Your casual racism doesnt wash. Standard Brexiter.

11. Rroff

Man of Honour

Related to fire alarms - the casual attitude towards fire exits (so often blocked) and other emergency procedures annoys me.

I've commented on this before such as near me there is a roundabout and the only lane indications are 2 arrows on the road that are easily blocked from visibility by other traffic:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.0...4!1sVhVPXzsS2To1syImKO4ZfQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

causes problems frequently between people who I imagine have probably just come off the nearby dual-carriageway for services (fuel, KFC, etc.) while passing through and don't know the road and those that drive there regularly.

Last edited: 1 Feb 2020
  12. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

Exactly this.
    After decades of going abroad and watching really bad driving & then commuting on a cycle over the last 7 years, it really doesn't bother me when I'm in my car and I see somebody in this country disregarding rules & regulations.
    I have better things to worry about.

13. Roar87

Soldato

People know how to drive, they're just choosing to drive like dickheads

14. Rroff

Man of Honour

Yeah nothing stopping them continuing to drive like a dick after a retest and it would be punishing on those who do drive properly.

15. chaparral

Capodecina

At my work place they do quiet a lot of random fire alarm tests
    So now when the fire alarm goes off i now just think it another test ..

16. helmet

Mobster

Wife was taken off the road at 30mph by guy in a land rover discovery about a month ago.
    Two kids in the car, 4 and 6. Happened 700 yards from my house.
    Walked down, didn't know who the other driver was, there were ~12 people there.

Swore blind that if it happened to my kids, I'd lose the plot.
    Got there, my 4 year old was hysterical, I took care of her.
    Kids were fine.
    Wife had an op, both bones in right arm completely shattered and metal the whole length of her forearm. The airbag.

As the ambulance arrived, 55 minutes later the guy turned to me to say, I couldn't see because of the sun, so I went.

I had a massive argument with my wife four days later, I want to report that %%%%, she does not.

It seems to me that common sense is at an all time low, in my perspective of losing the plot when x happens as much as everyone else out on the roads. Cars are driven as weapons, they might not perceive it as that but that is what is going on.
    I have a paper license from 1993, never a mark on it, never crashed or had a parking ticket, not even sure it's legal but I've never driven as a lunatic, and that's what is out there.
    The theory of danger is gone, complacency, nothing to lose and I'll get claim money is prevalent.
    Everyone else is at fault even when they are the cause.

He has no idea how much my life has changed, he'll find out ~Summer 2020, I have the case number.
    If one of my kids are severely affected in a crash, you'll read about me, this is a long time coming, with a history.
    I won't be consoling anyone but myself.

Last edited: 2 Feb 2020
  17. edscdk

Soldato

I drive 18k a year rarely see the things you suggest
    Ref fire alarm I assume you mean fire alarm test, so what if people amble?

I bet you break various rules but just don't see it

18. moon man

Mobster

i had to pick up my daughter from bodmin parkway rail station Thursday night 11.15pm ,its in the middle of nowhere ,on the way 11pm a38 is half coned off and signs saying road closed cctv in use
    obviously i ignored ,got to prioritise sometimes .

19. ChrisLX200

Wise Guy

it's legal. If you update to a photo license then that has to be renewed every 10 years, but your paper license is still legal.

20. Bouton Aide

Caporegime

What someone sees something as safe they just do it if they think they can get away with it. Especially driving.

I still see people on their phones while driving regardless of the law.

If I ever get into a car and the driver picks up their phone I shout really loud n bash on the dashboard for them to get off it.

I threw someone’s out the window once. I’m a passenger and I’m not going to be in an accident due to someone been on the phone. No chance!