Common disregard for rules and regulations

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Rules are there for the normies and sheeple to help guide them through life without succumbing to natures intended survival of the fittest. Pretty much like enforced religion.

"Ain't no body got time for that"
fIKhiSS.gif

Soldato
Rules are there for the normies and sheeple to help guide them through life without succumbing to natures intended survival of the fittest. Pretty much like enforced religion.

"Ain't no body got time for that"
fIKhiSS.gif

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaa!

But you really need a Dodge Charger to pull a stunt like that! :p

(What happened next, did he keep going or was it wrecked)

(And what did the Cat/Dog entering from stage left do?)

Soldato
The problem with our driving test (and lessons) is it doesn't teach you what to do when things go wrong. So people panic and have a crash.

We should have skidpan sessions etc like they do in Scandinavia so that recovering from a slide becomes muscle memory. Also how to drive in poor conditions, tyre choice, and basic maintenance.

Right now it's basically drive around without hitting something or going through a red light and you pass.

Soldato
Sometimes, there are simply too many rules and regulations in place.

I know of a workplace, that has dozens of policies to follow. But if one was to follow them all, they would be in breach of some of them.
Its barmy.

Oh and if caught ignoring a policy or not understanding its very vague wording... On review faster than you can say policy.

Soldato
People driving cars with phones pressed to their ears, in cars that would obviously have bluetooth pre-installed, such as S-Line Audi’s, BMW’s, Merc’s, Land Rovers, Jags etc. They’re either too dense to pair their phone to the car, or are that much of a tool that they’re doing it deliberately to send out some sort of message.

Soldato
People driving cars with phones pressed to their ears, in cars that would obviously have bluetooth pre-installed, such as S-Line Audi’s, BMW’s, Merc’s, Land Rovers, Jags etc. They’re either too dense to pair their phone to the car, or are that much of a tool that they’re doing it deliberately to send out some sort of message.

Soldato
Sometimes, there are simply too many rules and regulations in place.

I know of a workplace, that has dozens of policies to follow. But if one was to follow them all, they would be in breach of some of them.
Its barmy.

Oh and if caught ignoring a policy or not understanding its very vague wording... On review faster than you can say policy.

We get that too. Rules made up by HR we are supposed to follow, which aren't written down or been told about. First time you find out is when they come and tell you you've broken one O_o

For other silly rules "lets not and say we did" is a good rule to live by :D

E.g. you all need to attend this presentation on "diversity in the work place". We all went to the pub and said we went.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's literally human nature to push at and break the rules. It's why we're not still living in caves.

On a more cerebral level, some rules are simply stupid. To follow them just because they are The Rules makes you a simpleton. Given these nonsense rules exist, and deserve to be broken, it does rather set a pattern of behaviour: push some other rules.

Otherwise, sometimes rules are laid down by an authority in such a way that you are treated like you have broken them even when you haven't. Perhaps your partner is always going off on you because she suspects you of cheating: if you're getting the squeeze anyway, you may as well have some of the juice.

Personally, I'll break rules where there's no or minimal harm to others, so long as the risk isn't too great. I don't drive fast or badly, because the benefit is minimal.

Man of Honour
Sadly as it was dark I don't have good footage - on Friday night on my way to work there is a stretch of 40MPH dual-carriageway leading to NSL through some lights where you really wish they'd started the NSL about 200 yards early - result most people hit 60 long before the NSL. Anyhow I hadn't really consciously thought about it but something about the driving manner and position the car behind me was taking on the road had me instinctively driving strictly to the limits not really sure why. Once we were onto the NSL bit they overtook me fairly slowly to the annoyance of the vehicle behind which then took off at significant speed once the other vehicle had finished the overtake... the other vehicle then sped up behind them and a few moments later blue lights on - the vehicle that had overtaken me slowly (but reasonably if someone was driving to the speed limits) was an unmarked police car. What I hadn't realised until looking at the dashcam footage is that the other vehicle had also brake checked the unmarked police car a bit further along!

Last edited:
Associate
No, but those individuals can control how they drive. Nothing to do with 'big wigs'.

For sure. But given the population growth, and investment in infrastucture such as roads, one can't help but wonder if you put 2 graphs together to compare. Another example for roads: I pay tax, why are roads being resurfaced where it's not needed, and constanly high degrading areas not addressed, for example. If there's not enough money, tax me more, and/or address where the money is going where it's not needed.

Caporegime
I see this mostly with driving, people cutting over multiple lanes, not stopping at lights as they are changing etc
Funnily enough I was tempted to make the same thread a couple days ago.

In the last week or so, I've almost been run off the road by a 4x4 who basically decided the whole road was his, not just carriageway on his side of the road.

Another chap turning into our road (T-junction), and basically entering fully on the wrong side of the road and accelerating hard. Thankfully could see him coming (no tall hedges) so stopped well short of the junction and just let him whizz past. Had I kept driving would have side-swiped him.

Others burning around our estate or nearby (30 limit) at 40,50+. Specially the hill near us which seems to attract racing types who want to see how quickly they can do 0-60 going uphill (again 30 limit). Now I'll be honest I've been done for speeding myself. Difference was it was on an arrow-straight A-road in the middle of the country with no houses anywhere near, and I was temporarily doing 72 to overtake some slow-ass driver where there were two carriageways in our direction, before slowing to 60 again. But yeah, technically I was speeding, however safe/rational it was in that situation.

But I still get to have special disdain for the people who go flat out in 30 mph zones. Especially the idiots who rev their engines and try to look cool putting everyone else's lives at risk. The 30 zones are always residential, and if the speed awareness course taught me anything, it's that 30 limits (and 20 limits) are the ones that really matter in terms of safety and loss of life. But people ignore them. Is why we have cats run over almost daily around here. People just don't care for *any* speed limits. I couldn't give a flying toss about people doing 100 on the motorway (it can be quite safe because those roads are designed for speed), but 50 in a 30 zone just indicates you have no regard for life, let alone rules. (I'm more likely to obey rules if I can see a point to them, not because they are rules and rules must be followed).

My other bugbear is littering. We recently did a clean up on the lane round the back of our house, as we do several times a year. Always Costa Coffee and McDonalds, along with the beer cans and dog **** bags. An aside - don't bag your dog ****. Throw it in the hedge or just leave it where the dog delivers it. Putting it in a plastic bag and then throwing it in the hedge is ****ing A-grade idiocy. Now it can't wash away with the rain, and you've also added a nice bit of plastic pollution. WTF is wrong with these people? :D :D

Ultimately there's no reason for littering and nobody wins when people do it. But it's done so casually and with such little regard to the environment, cleanliness, making your home look nice. I just don't think people care, ultimately. About anything much these days.

Caporegime
Rules are made to be broken. As long as you are not harming anyone else it not really a big deal.
I have some sympathy with this. But some rules have a clear and obvious purpose. Like 30 zones in residential areas; like using bins and not throwing your litter down when you finish eating.

Trouble is people don't even care about the sensible rules - the rules we should want to obey out of concern for each other and the planet.

Sure there are stupid rules and rules we disagree with. And rules we all break. And I don't think that's necessarily a problem.

But people need to think about the consequences of their actions more. So that they don't *want* to break some of the rules because they can see the potential for harm if they do.

Concern for others I think is largely lacking in modern society.

Soldato
I love this, reading how people think other drivers are terrible and dont follow rules whilst many of the same people when talking about cyclists talk about how much they hate them as they never follow the rules whilst pretending that drivers are above reproach.

Back
Top Bottom