Commuter - New Car

GT3

GT3

Soldato
I had a Xsara Exclusive, fair enough it had full leather and a slightly nicer interior but other than that is pretty much the same car as a 306. It was a lovely comfy ride, nice seats, quiet at cruising speed and quite economical. My friend has a 406 and I wouldn't say its measurably better apart from of course rear passengers. I did over 20k in a year in it and it was spot on. That was with the older TD engine not the HDI too.

Associate
Not really! I don't think 25k a year (he's not going to work 52 weeks a year in total is he?) is a massive amount of miles! Certainly not enough to worry about making your car explode into a million pieces.

It's not high miles if you're a rep, but his post seems to suggest that's just his miles for getting to and from the office - not including any 'business miles'. If you were to poll every poster in Motors about their commuting only miles then the vast, vast majority of them would be less than 25k a year to and from the office. Hence it's very reasonable to call that big miles given the context/what is considered average!

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16363421 said:
Its not that simple though is it, would you actually want to do 25k a year in a 306?

You'd be surprised. The seats are soft, the ride quality is good, and the torquey diesel works well in terms of taking the effort out of gearchanges. It wouldn't be my choice, but for a low cost hatch running that mileage on a budget, its not a bad option.....but having done 30k p/a in a previous life, I personally wouldn't want to do it ever again in anything less than a chauffeur driven Maybach.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16363421 said:
Its not that simple though is it, would you actually want to do 25k a year in a 306?

Obviously I'd rather do it in some sort of luxobarge, but to be honest, my 306 isn't a bad place to be.

Considering what they cost, the diesel ones are excellent for what they are and pretty comfortable. Not outstanding by a long chalk, but they are cheap.

If I was doing loads of miles, and I needed to do it cheap, I'd certainly consider one. If I had a bit of wedge I wouldn't though.

I'll tell you what ****s me off about my 306.

1) The door cards seem to have been designed purposely to be a bad armrest. The window sill is too high, the 'arm rest' is too low.

2) No ****ing cup holders! Not even one. I mean seriously Peugeot, what were you thinking?

3) YES I KNOW IT'S COLD, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CREAK AT ME CONTINUALLY TO ALERT ME

Back
Top Bottom