1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Company Address on Website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chronicle, 15 Feb 2006.

1. Chronicle

Mobster

Hi
    If you have a website for a company, do you have to have an address on there somewhere?

What other legal things do you need? It is only a simple page, nothing like OCUK with ordering system, its for a plumbing company so its more of an advert than something to directly make money from if yo uget what i mean

thanks

2. danrok

Hitman

Since when did plumbers have to advertise for work? ;)

I don't think you have to have a mail address on there if the site is not selling something directly.

3. Chronicle

Mobster

Well its their companies website, that just basically has a contact us/about us etc.
    Ok. So its only if theres some online ordering system then, yeh?

4. danrok

Hitman

It should be fine. Many plumbers and the like don't put their addresses in the yellow pages, just a phone number. There's no reason why it would be any different for a webpage based "advert".

5. Oblivious

PermaBanned

I believe its only the distance selling act, that requires companies selling online to provide an address. Since your not selling anything it wouldnt apply.

However surely its good practice to put an address?

6. Chronicle

Mobster

Yeh. I'll let the guy know (not my site, someone i know)

thanks

7. vaultingSlinky

Mobster

Unless your a dodgy plumber and dont want people throwing bricks through your window i would personally put an address on :p, legally i dont think you have to

8. Cuchulain

Sgarrista

I'm sure there was some regulations from the DTI back in 2003 that specified you should have information regarding the web site's terms of use and privacy policy, not sure if the latter applies if you're not collecting any personallly identifiable material though, the terms of use would generally contain the contact address, company number & registered address (if it's a limited company)

9. Burbleflop

PermaBanned

I believe you need to have the registered address of the company on the website (which may be different from the actual trading/office address).

10. Al Vallario

Mobster

Not sure about putting the address on the website itself (Surely that's a bit trivial though?), but businesses with uk domain names can't opt-out of having their contact details (address, phone number) in WHOIS records.

11. n3vrmind

Wise Guy

sorry i know this is completely OT :rolleyes: but i noticed in your specs you have a z1p in a shuttle SN25P, just wonderin how well it fits, was there a big drop in noise and could you use the vga block without blocking the other slot?

12. Burbleflop

PermaBanned

It fits well, but the CPU bracket that comes with the kit doesn't fit, you need the S478 (I think) bracket. I hacked up the ICE module from the SN25P to make it fit. There was a huge drop in noise, the thing is now almost silent.

I'm not sure if the VGA block blocks the other PCIe slot though, I'll take a look when I get home next week.

Probably best to email me (address in trust) if you've got any other questions save redrailing the thread too much.