Company of heroes beta may come out today!

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Yewen said:
Fancy a game tonight?

I would but i have to work in less then an hour :(

If im not doing anything tomorrow then ill have game :D

Just played the Campaign mode and all i can say is :eek: Its so action packed :cool:

Soldato
Zip said:
I would but i have to work in less then an hour

If im not doing anything tomorrow then ill have game

Just played the Campaign mode and all i can say is :eek: Its so action packed :cool:

Multiplayer is better. :D

Add me to your MSN if you use it and we can organise a game. :)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Yewen said:
Multiplayer is better. :D

Add me to your MSN if you use it and we can organise a game. :)

Ive been playing multiplayer aswell :D

I was just surprised how good the Missions were compared to other games

I added you to msn i think, i haven't added anyone to Windows Live Messenger before so i might have messed up.
If i did uve got my Email Address so you can add me:)

Permabanned
Just downloaded again! I am left with an Icon on the desktop that is like a Dos box. Do i just double click on it or is there a special way of installing it?

Associate
I know when I downloaded it the exe doesnt have a proper icon. Also when I clicked it on it it took a good 3-4 minutes of my hard drive thrashing before the install option appeared.

Soldato
this game is great, infact i'd go as far as to say could be my dune beater
now my problem is that i get overwhelmed even on medium, the comp just seems to spam troops out that quick im sure its using hax .!!!
i tried the lowest diff and its faaar to easy, but medium just kicks my slow butt.
ive seen on some CoH forums that peeps are winning on the highest diff level with ease!!! , so any tips apart from grab the control points ? thx

**Ps i watched the replay of a medium game and noticed the COMP puts troops into its HQ (axis) , does this repair or upgrade ?**

Soldato
eekfek said:
this game is great, infact i'd go as far as to say could be my dune beater
now my problem is that i get overwhelmed even on medium, the comp just seems to spam troops out that quick im sure its using hax .!!!
i tried the lowest diff and its faaar to easy, but medium just kicks my slow butt.
ive seen on some CoH forums that peeps are winning on the highest diff level with ease!!! , so any tips apart from grab the control points ? thx

**Ps i watched the replay of a medium game and noticed the COMP puts troops into its HQ (axis) , does this repair or upgrade ?**

I can beat extreme computers now, the trick I use is not to expand past the points you can easily hold.

Get those points, defend with machine guns, snipers and anti tank, then just build up, upgrade and stockpile resources. Then just spam tanks at them until they die, and thats how you beat an extreme AI. :)

If I capture to many points, basically more than two fronts then the AI on normal gives me a run for my money, but bottleneck all the enemy tanks into one road or two, and three AT guns can hold back 100's of tanks all day long.

Around your base while this is going on, spam up tank traps and wire to direct people onto one place, that way if they break through they can only go in one way, easily defended. :)

If you tank trap up on of your two defended points, so there is no route through to your base on anhiliate the AI just sends all the tanks to the other one. ;)

Its easy when you know how, same with any game against an AI, find out how it works then exploit it.

Associate
i found if your allies and start in the south of the Skirmish map you can easily hold south of the river and the first sector on the right (just beyond the small "island"). MG nest's with some of the Anti Tank guns coupled with 105 Artillery and off site Howitzers make for some nice graphics. You can then let the enemy throw everything at you and they just don't stand a chance of getting through.

The closest bridge to the west of the HQ can be defended with tank traps, mines, 2 MG nest's and 1 AT gun.

Meanwhile, back at HQ build up a force ready head into enemy territory and destoy anything that moves.

Soldato
yep thats the key, dont expand past your best line of defense.
my major gripe is that its very sluggish and often when i select a unit and give it an order, i realise that im actually moving a previous unit ... could be my lack of ram/card etc.

any chance of some ingame pics to compare setups ? :p

Soldato
Wow, great game! BUT does it bring everyone elses systems to it's knee's?

(Spec in sig) and I can't run it on MAX!

With some ingame settings on HIGH and most on MEDIUM and 2xAA / 4xAF set in the NV Control Panel at 1280x1024 I get 26.7fps (average) according to the test feature in the menu!
I mean jeez, I have a quick CPU, 2Gb RAM and an overclocked graphics card and I still can't get the best from the game. Is it my card do we think? What do other people get? Any tweaks?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom