1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Company of heroes beta may come out today!

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by dave2k2005, 3 Aug 2006.

1. gord

Capodecina

Add me to msn mate.

robertcsmith26 at hotmail dot com

2. Reppyboyo

Mobster

Still connection errors galore, so your lucky to get games at the moment.

I havent been able to play more than a 1v1 :(

3. gord

Capodecina

Mine have gone now.. server seems okish.. maybe more Americans are loggin on..

4. Reppyboyo

Mobster

We must be playing different games, logging in take over 3 minutes for me.
    Let alone anything else.

5. Alrik

Mobster

Some people in the chat have said that they are working on the servers so problems may be gone in the next few days. We can only hope.

6. Fireblade2K4

Wise Guy

Do you have to subscribe to file planet to receive a key, I've got 2 keys on hold, one for WOW and the other for Company of Heros?

Stu

7. hyper_piper45

Mobster

All you need is a free account with fileplanet. You don't have to pay.

Once you have downloaded the beta you need a key from here

8. Fireblade2K4

Wise Guy

Yeah but whenever I request one it always says the same which is this:

I check back in 24 hours and it still says my key is on hold any ideas :rolleyes:

Stu

9. smoove

Perma Banned

Sweet looking game, online only?

10. Reppyboyo

Mobster

Just the tutorial and a few online maps yes.

11. gord

Capodecina

Sorry chap, at the time of posting my one saying it was fine i went on and struggled to get a game.. so the Americans must have come on.. but it was fine this morning time.

Had a crazy battle though when i did get a game on the trainyard 2v2 map. My mate was a bit of a noob so we struggled and they were clearly good but the amount going on the entire scenery was decimated in the middle.. quality stuff.

12. Reppyboyo

Mobster

I had been trying all morning to no avail, there was allways 500+ players on.

Another update btw:

13. Andr3w

Capodecina

I hope it gets fixed soon i really want to play :(

I think its just a problem at there end

14. 4T5

Man of Honour

Rerading around this happened last weekend and everything cleared up Monday morning once the servers had been rebooted and the yanks were at work.
    Here's hoping a.

15. Nieldo

Wise Guy

Well Ive yet to really play this properly, Ive done the tutorial but Im not to keen on going up against random people, anyone wants a game add me to xfire: Nieldo or MSN: james-nield at hotmail.co.uk, I use TS or Vent if you like as well. :)

16. alx

Soldato

Downloading now :). I've been waiting for a decent/refreshing rts game for a while. Hopefully it will also stop me getting too bored while I'm at home :o

17. Last Kronin

Mobster

I had a try a couple of days ago, been ahiles ince i played an online rts, last was Age of Mythologies, 1st game was a 2v2, i got totally slaughtered as my team m8t buggered off and id forgoting to build a barracks, was running around with quite a few flamer engis :eek:. I dont think ive got the right mentality for games likes these as i like to build up my defenses 1st before leaving my base to kill ppl. :(

18. Nieldo

Wise Guy

me and gord had two games in a row, was a bit bumpy at first, with two crashes but ingame it runs pretty fine. Lots of fun.

Its so awsome to see the aftermath of a battle, one second its a peacefull french village with little buildings and a few germans, the next its a big crater thanks to gord and his howitzer army :S.

Another tip, if you see a little tracked remote control vehicle heading to your squad of engies or riflement... or any of your units, run, because those things blow up with such force, it has to have been the biggest single explosion i saw in the two games we played.

Last edited: 7 Aug 2006
  19. gord

Capodecina

Thats why the games so good and why i went ballistic at some moron in the lobby who went .."oh no, not another CNC clone".. the game forces you to go out and win those points if you dont you lose.

Neildo's and mine games were pretty good. We wiped the normal enemies clean and the hard ones the same until my tinternet disconnected.

20. 4T5

Man of Honour

I got one game last night 2v2 and got slaughtered.
    I am picking it up though but i just don't seem to build up quick enouth to get my Armour. I am odviously doing something wrong but once the servers settle down i will be able to have a few games in a row and get properly to grips with this little beauty.
    I am so looking forward to a well matched 3v3 it hurts.
    For me and my BF2 head it's like a mini BF2 army that i control. Like a cartoon war with my little troopers steaming about. I really do love the feel of this game. :cool:

Feel free to add me to MSN those that are enjoying it.