Company of heroes beta may come out today!

Soldato
played the single player demo, downloaded it almost but then clicked cancel for some reason :eek: teach me to alt + enter out of coduo in a pcw :p

re downloaded it, done the campaign twice, normal and the hard.Must say its one addictive game, really enjoying it great fun. Also done about 5 skirmishes getting good.

Will definatly buy it when ive got some money ;)

Associate
Sorry for the Imminently n00by question.

Ive read the above posts, where ppl are saying the 'Skirmish' option is no available in the single player Beta, and i also have the same issue ?

Is there a way round this, i heard there were some patches. Do these fix that ?? Have i downloaded the wrong demo ??

Any help that would shed some light would be wholly received.

Thanks in advance.

-Vinny-

Permabanned
Vinny1511 said:

Ive read the above posts, where ppl are saying the 'Skirmish' option is no available in the single player Beta, and i also have the same issue ?

Is there a way round this, i heard there were some patches. Do these fix that ?? Have i downloaded the wrong demo ??

Thanks in advance.

-Vinny-
I have the multiplayer demo and have wonderd the same thing.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Vicious said:
played the single player demo, downloaded it almost but then clicked cancel for some reason :eek: teach me to alt + enter out of coduo in a pcw

re downloaded it, done the campaign twice, normal and the hard.Must say its one addictive game, really enjoying it great fun. Also done about 5 skirmishes getting good.

Will definitely buy it when ive got some money

Ive done the Campaign 1.5 times :D

I did the beach level twice because i like it. The second time on expert :D

I dont Dare do the second level on expert though :eek: Last time i only has a church standing and had just a few man holding back 2 or 3 tanks while the reinforcements arrived and pushed them back a bit then killed them

Soldato
i first did carentan on normal and was like you pushed right back to the church with literally nothing defending it. Second time round, i did it on hard and i did better, i think because i knew what happens so i already made defences around the church.

Permabanned
Vinny1511 said:

Thanks in advance.

-Vinny-

There is a new version of the single plyer demo that includes the skirmish option.

You can download it from Fileplanet or here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_15378.shtml

Soldato
aye the carentan mission was pimpin.. although the axis did totally whore the artillery though which was a bit annoying... as i had some totally pimpin defenses set up around the bridges ;)

i play this game most evenings, so add me if ya'll get tired of fighting the girly computer players

Associate
Carentan

Hi guys,
on Carentan if you're quick, you can get across the bridge and literally hold the Axis on the other side of the map. In the first few minutes try and get possibly 3 machine guns teams across, along with maybe 4 or 5 Anti-tank guns covering the two main Axis approach points. The main force comes from the top right, past the church. If you get an MG + AT team in both the graveyard, and the trees just across the road, both facing the East, you'll have that area covered. Maybe extra Airborne(AT)/Engineers(flame) might help. Once you get arty, you can target the enemy bigtime.
Some tanks may avoid that route and loop around the right of the church towards the (centre)bridge, so another MG+AT covering that route will help.
In the West, you'll get more tanks/troops coming in from the top right. AT+MG+MG Bunker covering that area should do the trick. Don't forget lots of barbed wire/sandbags helps as well.
Once you know where the enemy come from, you'll know in future which avenues of approach to cover. Eventually you'll be able to hold the area indefinitely. You'll probably need to get you're men to retreat and reinforce occasionally. MG crews are extremely important.
It's still a good idea to fortify the bridges, especially the middle and right, as some enemy will slip by. *The right hand bridge still needs to be defended as this approach is still open. MG bunker plus AT, with Airborne as backup might be enough. Remember it will get arty'd at some point.

Hope it helps

Last edited:

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Just installed the Singleplayer Demo of CoH , it its laggy as hell for me i think its GFX lag which i never had when i was playing the multiplayer. Has anyone else having this problem?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Mp4 said:
Just installed the Singleplayer Demo of CoH , it its laggy as hell for me i think its GFX lag which i never had when i was playing the multiplayer. Has anyone else having this problem?

In the Opening Video or just after that where they do the beach scene it lags up and the waves are pixelated for a bit of it up until i take over to play.

My graphics card is a 5500FX so i hope that helps, the in game play is fine though :)

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
hmm the intro vids are fine , i go to play the skirmish levels , and as i have said are very laggy , everything is on max though and ultra in some places

Soldato
Mp4 said:
hmm the intro vids are fine , i go to play the skirmish levels , and as i have said are very laggy , everything is on max though and ultra in some places

I guess that will be why, try running it on Medium settings with some detail on High but turn that bottom right hand detail slider down by about two notches and see if that improves things.

What card you got?

Soldato
i had all settings on the max they would go, with AA.... silly move really
as even trying to select a tank or troop would mean hammering the mouse button over n over due to gfx lag etc

slapped everything on low/med 1280*1024 and its sooo smooth and playable,
i can micro manage units with ease and mygame has improved signif .

best rts ive played since dune.

Soldato
Just played the single player after having the beta for some time, its just as great if not more enjoyable. The game is just amazing.. and i loved the carentan mission..

Soldato
This game is class, Game of the year, Puts Generals to the grave (finally)

I cant wait till more multiplayer maps come out and the single player missions should be fun.

Back
Top Bottom