"Compatible" inkjet printer cartridges?

Capodecina
Soldato
I have a Brother MFC-J5335DW multi-function inljet printer which cost under £100 a few months ago.
It reports that the ink level is getting low - despite the fact that I haven't done much printing.
A "genuine" Brother cartridge multipack costs a massive £86+.
A compatible multipack costs about £28.

What experience do people have with "compatible" inkjet cartridges and can you recommend any particular brand and/or supplier?

Soldato
I had a brother printer, never brought genuine inks, some work, others don't, I now have an Epson printer, when I buy inks for it, I get them off ebay, usually pick up the ones where you get 4 of each colour, I usually end up with maybe one or 2 out of them that wont register, im not bothered to be honest, the difference in price makes up for it.

Caporegime
I've also used non-branded cartridges for ages with no problem. I did use Cartridge World until the chap in that particular branch went on his own. Still buy off the same guy due to the considerable savings.

Soldato
Only my personal experience, but I am a very infrequent user of my printer, and I found that it often clogged up because of this. Using 'compatibles' seemed to make this happen more easily.

To be honest though, it always happened eventually, regardless. The solution I have finally picked is to swap to a laser printer, which never clogs, no matter how long between uses. And it actually prints a fairly decent picture too.

Back
Top Bottom