Complications over new PC build.

Associate
Greetings,

Recently I have assembled my new PC, but I have faced one problem.

The problem appeared just after assembly, as I have turned on the pc - I would get "no signal - going to the sleep mode" on the screen. At first, I thought it was an HDMI cable or monitor issue, which it was not. At some random point, I have unplugged one of the Graphic cards and one of the RAMs and place the last one on the 3rd slot (also worked on the 4th but did not work on 1st and 2nd (originally on the first launch was placed on 1st and 3rd )) and it suddenly worked.

But, even though it works well, and with those specifications I have it is good enough, but I would actually wish to install second graphics card and another RAM, and if I do this, my PC will do the same as before - it will be turned on, but no visual image on the screen, no signal.

So, to give you more clear details I would attach my specs:

Motherboard: MSI x470 Gaming Pro

Processor: AMD Ryzen 2700x

Power Unit: EVGA 750 GQ

Graphics card: Radeon RX580 (2x) works only with one (any)

RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 16GB (Kit 2x8GB) 2666MHz CL16

Monitor: Philips 276E 4K

To clarify, I was assembling everything myself and I do not have a large experience in it, though I took all the necessary precautions.

So if somebody ever faced something like that or possibly know a possible solution to the problem - I would love to hear them.

Thank you.

Soldato
The RAM should go in slots A2 and B2 per page 6 of the manual. The motherboard does support crossfire so you should be able to use two RX 580s. Once you've got the RAM working, try putting your second GPU back in.

Associate
OP
The RAM should go in slots A2 and B2 per page 6 of the manual. The motherboard does support crossfire so you should be able to use two RX 580s. Once you've got the RAM working, try putting your second GPU back in.
Thank you for your reply,
In the manual, I got the recommendation of RAM placement was actually A1 and B1 (which I have named just slots 1 and 3) and in this variation, it did not work.
Also, I tested it in many variations (taking out graphic cards, swapping them, trying even without and placing RAMs in different slots). The only variation it seemed to work is RAM in slot 3 or 4 (only one) and one Graphics card.

Associate
OP
Also check page 26 of the manual to make sure you're looking at the DIMM slots from the right orientation.
There is a small text label on which one is which. So, I was checking those when installing RAM. But my question is - why exactly could this be a problem? It is hard to wrap my head around that fact that out of 4 slots for RAM memory only 2 of them viable and only in a specific order :) And as stated before, I tried almost all possible variations, but only singular RAM can work only on slots B1 and B2.

Associate
But my question is - why exactly could this be a problem? It is hard to wrap my head around that fact that out of 4 slots for RAM memory only 2 of them viable and only in a specific order :)
That's just the way it's designed.

And as stated before, I tried almost all possible variations, but only singular RAM can work only on slots B1 and B2.
That's odd, since the motherboard states a single stick of RAM should be installed in slot A2.

Do the two RAM sticks work in A2/B2?

TrM

TrM

Associate
Does the ram work with a single gpu and ram in slot a2 and b2 ?

What psu are you using 2 x 580 is a lot of wattage needed and maybe your psu can’t power both gpu at the same time? I know it’s a evga 750w but it might not be working fully and not sending enough out for 500w of gpu

I know the 580 gpu are really hungry for power. And the ram issue is just something that is a by product of you gpu sucking to much power ?

Back
Top Bottom