Composite decking and fence panels?

Soldato
I had a composite deck and ramp installed a few years ago. I used DuoFuse and have been really happy with the end result. It still looks good now as it did when it was put down.

My railings where made by a blacksmith friend to match in with another set I had made at the front of my home. I'll do my best to answer any questions you have.

Soldato
OP
Great!

We already have wooden decking so I assume it's simply a case of removing the boards and putting new composite ones down? (ie, can use existing frame)

Don
Great!

We already have wooden decking so I assume it's simply a case of removing the boards and putting new composite ones down? (ie, can use existing frame)

That would depend on the state of the existing frame. If it is already starting to rot, it would make sense to replace it now rather than later and remove all of the composite boards again.

Soldato
OP
It's 8 years old, quite a small area and covered in the corner of the garden (sheltered by the house). Would hope it's ok, guess I need to have a look to make sure :)

Soldato
Looking good, does it get very slippery?

No not at all. The boards I used had two textured tread patterns to choose from a wider and thinner tread. I used the thinner tread and have never had any problems with grip.

It's 8 years old, quite a small area and covered in the corner of the garden (sheltered by the house). Would hope it's ok, guess I need to have a look to make sure :)

I would definitely investigate the condition of the frame before doing anything else. My frame was built out of pressure treated timber, so should be good for the lifespan of the deck.

Back
Top Bottom