Computer not detecting wireless network.

Man of Honour
Sorry for the interruption.

crashuk, if you're the last person to post in a thread, and you need to add something else, use the
edit.gif
button. While I recognise you're trying to be helpful, the work required to clean up this thread by the moderators certainly isn't.

As you've been asked several times already, please consider this your final warning.

Caporegime
It's highly unlikely it's the card, or it would most likely either a) show disconnected or b) would never have worked (and it seems it sometimes does), as opposed to having worked then broke, though it "changing" to say it was connected at 100Mbps is odd - what was it at before?

As I said, the problem with finding suggestions is that it's so bloody hard to work out what's been tried and what hasn't in this thread because of the amount of sheer drivel. Best idea would be a) lay out what's been tried in a list of points or b) start from the beginning, because we're getting nowhere fast here.

the ip he is getting is either when he hasnt got a dhcp or there wasnt a dhcp and now there is, its remain in in order for us to loss the appipa ip too do the steps we did.

That bit doesn't make sense, since you've been through ipconfig /renew millions of times, and the router's apparently set with a working DHCP server, and still nothing's changing.
Does the USB have a manually configured IP? Tried the wired/wireless with another device (and set to obtain IP, subnet mask et al from DHCP) and seen if it worked?

It is connecting but once again with no internet or router settings.

To what extent - it says "Connected", but either a) setting IP manually (as described above) or b) setting the interface to get an IP automatically both yield nothing?

Associate
OP
I am going to try something new, i will try from scratch, wipe my computer, reset the router, set it up via another non-wireless no-network-card computer through the usb port, and try and connect wirelessly to that, something is conflicting somewhere and with the current setup, be here forever.

Really appreciate all the input time and help, especially crash.

Cheers folks.

(Consider this the end of this thread for now from me)

Permabanned
tolien said:
It's highly unlikely it's the card, or it would most likely either a) show disconnected or b) would never have worked (and it seems it sometimes does), as opposed to having worked then broke, though it "changing" to say it was connected at 100Mbps is odd - what was it at before?

As I said, the problem with finding suggestions is that it's so bloody hard to work out what's been tried and what hasn't in this thread because of the amount of sheer drivel. Best idea would be a) lay out what's been tried in a list of points or b) start from the beginning, because we're getting nowhere fast here.

That bit doesn't make sense, since you've been through ipconfig /renew millions of times, and the router's apparently set with a working DHCP server, and still nothing's changing.
Does the USB have a manually configured IP? Tried the wired/wireless with another device (and set to obtain IP, subnet mask et al from DHCP) and seen if it worked?

To what extent - it says "Connected", but either a) setting IP manually (as described above) or b) setting the interface to get an IP automatically both yield nothing?
we havent gone thru thing millions of times we ve only done it once but there lots of thing sthat could be wrong like cable network card etc..

Caporegime
crashuk said:
we havent gone thru thing millions of times we ve only done it once

You have tried getting a new DHCP lease millions of times (ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew umpteen times, Repair umpteen times, etc), but if the OP isn't going to post, there isn't a lot of point bickering about it.

Permabanned
i really think its the firewall, once we put the static ip it doesnt mattter if the dhcp dosent work cuz you dont need it but *** strange thing was he was getting the gateway and dns but not the ip addy from the dhcp.
if the worst come sto *** worst i can give you the image of *** router to upload on yours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom