1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer powers off using google earth 5

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Johnny|lucidcomposure, 13 May 2010.

1. Johnny|lucidcomposure

Sgarrista

I just installed google earth 5 and was waiting for it to find my postcode when the entire machine powers off. I power up again after 30 seconds thinking it must of just been a quick powercut and the same things happened again.

Windows 7
    Kaspersky internet sec
    Q6600
    4 Gig Ram
    Raptor 74gig boot drive
    X1800XT
    Creative audigy 2 ZS

Any ideas?

2. SiriusB

Capodecina

Perhaps someone doesn't want you seeing that monitoring device on your roof :eek:

Event Viewer.

Go see.

3. firewallblocked

Hitman

When you say the same happened again I take it you mean when using Google Earth. If you turn on the pc and don't use google earth does your pc still shut down?

I have seen driver problems with old pc's that would cause google earth to display very poor graphics, a restarts perhaps due to driver issues but a shut down normally you wouldn't expect.

A shut down I would have thought was a hardware issue, does your pc shut down if you play games or run benchmark apps etc?

4. Johnny|lucidcomposure

Sgarrista

When I say power off I dont mean it goes into the shut down mode. I mean lights out. Like a powercut.

It was the same when using google earth yes. Pc Never crashes. Hasn't done since.
    Its deffo google earth.

5. Ratbag

Wise Guy

Yeah, instincts suggests overheating.......

6. Johnny|lucidcomposure

Sgarrista

dispite massive photoshopping this computer does you think it really is that?

It uses just about all of its ram on a daily basis during heavy .CR2 exportation and panoramic building using 15+ high res images.

So what about I run the test under very cold conditions n get the same outcome? Where are we then?

Thanks for the advise :)