1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Upgrade Time

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by alphaomega16, 5 Apr 2012.

1. alphaomega16

Hitman

I was thinking about replacing some components in my system and getting the following.

[​IMG]

Tad over budget but I was wondering if this PSU would be enough to power it to save a bit of cash.

Corsair VX 550W ATX Power Supply

2. Idleman

Capodecina

What`s the main uses for the PC?

3. 95thrifles

Perma Banned

The Corsair will be fine to power that lot
    RAM seems OTT though, especially if youre over budget, 8 gig will suffice most uses, and even if you need 16gig it can be had cheaper
    Not sure on SSD, as in I havent seen anything about the newer series as yet, need to read up, but the M4 was always favourite in the past

4. shadow_boxer

Sgarrista

Looks ok and compatible but I would make a few changes.

This motherboard is true Gen3.

As thrifles95 has stated, unless you do a lot of video it image editing 8GB of RAM will be fine and can be had for as little as £35. Also, best to go with some low profile RAM, so without the pointless heatsinks as in the vengeance so it won't interfere with any after market CPU coolers.

The Samsung is a great SSD but is expensive when compared to other good drives. Consider the Crucial M4, Corsair Force GT, Vertex 3 or Intel drives (esp those on the cashback offer at the moment). All perform relatively similarly but are a but cheaper.

Wouldn't pay that much for a a 1GB GTX 560Ti, 7850 is the better option.

5. alphaomega16

Hitman

Mostly gaming but I do do (hehe dodo) quite bit of converting of video and such.

The reason I went for what I did was so I didnt have to buy any more later.