Configuring BT FTTP Router/Modem and EdgeRouter x

Associate
Need step by step on how to configure BT FFTP router/modem and EdgeRouter X 5 ports. I have information on how to configure the EdgeRouter X with DSL ISP router but I desperately in need of information on what changes I have to make to the BT router/modem and the EdgeRouter using the GUI not CLI, if the BT is using IPV6 and PPoE. By the wayThat is what is confusing me. I'm OK if it was IPV4 and DHCP.
The setup I am trying to make is as in this diagram;
2018-08-26_17-29-55_zpshez6avkv.jpg

Associate
First step, forget about IPv6.
You don’t need it yet and the BT modem will just serve you a dynamic IPv4 address and you will connect with PPPoE as you mention
The whole internet will be fully compatible for many years to come and when it is required, BT may actually properly publicise the details you need Ubiquiti may actually support it correctly in the gui.

I spent hours trying to configure my USG to work with my Openreach FTTP modem because why not and eventually gave up... I’d advise you do the same although if anyone has some useful information I would also welcome it!

Associate
Hi I am running a EdgeRouter X SFP with a BT Hg612 modem and have no issues connecting to BT or Plusnet who I am now with.

Are you using a modem or the standard router as a modem?

Will upload screenshots of my settings in the edgerouter GUI for you tonight.

Back
Top Bottom