1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Configuring Kasperky

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by foreright, 23 Apr 2010.

1. foreright

Gangster

I am finding KAV 2010 frustratingly slow at allowing some web pages to load. It is startlingly obvious that the AV is causing it. I have no complaints of the softare barring this.
    Therefor what I would like to know is can I make exception rule entries that will allow me to download trusted pages. Leaving the AV only to check sites rarely visited.
    Failing that can anyone suggest tweaks etc. to the KAV to speed up my browsing.
    Many thanks

2. theheyes

Sgarrista

When I install Kaspersky I never install the web/anti-hacker/anti-spyware bits, just the basic file scanner and real time protection. You're probably better doing the same.

3. foreright

Gangster

Would I have to uninstall and reinstall to remove those facilities or can it do it from options. If so where please. Thanks.

4. theheyes

Sgarrista

I don't think I've ever used 2010, but in all the versions of Kaspersky I've had to deal with when you run the installer you get an option to either install everything or 'customize'. If you go to customize you should see a long list of different components. Uncheck the ones I mentioned in the other post. And yes, I think you might have to reinstall or at least 'repair' the installation.

5. Diggsy

Mobster

You should be able to simply turn them off in the options panel.

6. theheyes

Sgarrista

Or this, I can't honestly remember. :)

7. Greenlizard0

Man of Honour

Try adding those particular pages to the whitelist. It's a pain when it does this.

8. crazybones

Gangster

The tweak that is often mentioned to speed up KIS 2010 is:

Settings > Options > tick "Concede resources to other applications"

You could also try changing your LAN settings (if applicable) to trusted:

Settings > Firewall > Network > Right click and select "trusted"

Finally, you could try:

Web Anti Virus > Security Level > Move slider to low depending on the sites you visit and protection level required.