Confirmed - DUKE NUKEM FOR NEVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It has been confirmed that 3D Realms has closed down and Duke Nukem Forever, well its not coming out ever !
Veteran games developer 3D Realms has closed down because of a lack of funds.

Founded in 1987, the firm popularised the concept of shareware gaming and published the seminal Duke Nukem and Wolfenstein 3D first-person shooters.

The company was working on a follow-up title, Duke Nukem Forever, which after being in development for 12 years has become the object of industry derision.

Publisher Take-Two says it will no longer fund development of the game but retains rights to the title.

"We can confirm that our relationship with 3D Realms for Duke Nukem Forever was a publishing arrangement, which did not include ongoing funds for development of the title," said Take-Two's Alan Lewis in a statement.

There has been no official comment from 3D Realms, other than a forum posting from the company's webmaster, Joe Siegler, who said: "It's not a marketing thing. It's true. I have nothing further to say at this time."

Other companies with links to 3D Realms or the Duke Nukem series were quick to distance themselves.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8037688.stm

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1127

Soldato
i dont give a flyers about this game, adoubt i would have bought it anyway, but i think the game will come out with in next 2 years.

the gaming industry know what there doing.

Soldato
Couldn't they sell the rights to a company that has a clue and they would probably make a mint out of it even by just RELEASING the bloody game.

?

Everything is probably so mangled, so incomplete and not at all thought through, that no company could probably pick up the project and keep on running with it. I think it's dead, Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom