Confused on wireless setup.

Associate
Hello Guys.
Was decorating the room were my pc is located, moved stuff around to get this decorated and noticed my old netgear wired router is kaput :(

Now I have read and read and read the stickys and forum posts, but I must admit I am somewhat confused :confused:

Basically I am gamer and I want to keep a low ping when playing online (counterstrike ), but should I go for the 54mb wireless or the 108mb wireless router? With the wireless cards for all 3 pc's in my house. I thought I would buy the wireless cards that look like a USB pen drive.

I have a 10mb virgin media cable broadband connection.
Getting a new pc so thought I might switch from hard wired cable to wireless broad band, or is that a bad Idea?

any advise on a good gaming wireless router would be appreciated.

thx...rob

Soldato
Must say, after a few initial quibbles (that were basically down to my own stupidity :) ) i'd have to recommend the DG834N. The wireless has been rock solid for months now and can't fault it. Play a lot (well, probs too much) of Xbox live using it and have no probs at all.

Associate
OP
Many thanks for your prompt replies
Does the DG834N. 54Mbps Wireless ADSL2+, have an equivelent cable/DSL model?
Also more importantly (to me anyhow) will I loose performance (ping) when playing online if I switch from cable to wireless network? Sorry for the noob questions.

thx...rob

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom