connecting to the national grid

Associate
Hi

I would like to connect our work site to the mains so i can have 240v electricity at work rather than our current 24V. Next door have a supply and a substation near by, Who do i contact about getting a quote for connection? The national grid its self or someone like powergen?

Thanks

Andy

Man of Honour
I'd imagine the first point of call would be the local electricity board, if they can't do it, they'll be able to tell you who can.

Caporegime
Just jump over the substation fence at night with a pair of rubber gloves and some wire splicers and fence off some of that bootiful 'leccy!

Soldato
Your local DNO I should imagine:

fetch.php

They are the ones who look after the cables up poles and under roads and are what people refer to as the regional electricity company (REC) which is what they used to be known as, or just 'electricity board', 'regional electricity supply board' etc, ad nausum.

You ought to also get a sparky on board to design you installation and spec to the DNO exactly what supply is needed (Kva required, number of phases, and somtimes earthing method*)

* Sometimes the use of the building would mean the DNO refuses to supply TNCS (petrol stations, etc), other times the electrician/designer just doesn't want it (which could conceievaby be the case in some swimming pools, radio transmitting stations, farms, etc)

Associate
pyro said:
I like it how they just cut Ireland off, they don't even show it in grey or some other colour representing unavailable, zip, gone :o :p

Uh, thats because Northern Ireland is part of the UK, the Republic of Ireland is not.

Back
Top Bottom