Connecting to your Folding@home client. . . timed out ?

Commissario
Running Folding on my iMac, it all seems to be working but when the install completed it kicked open a web page using this URL: https://client.foldingathome.org but it fails to connect with this error.

lTnaqr4.png

I have no software firewall and I can see my WUs being uploaded so is this an issue? What's it trying to show me?

Thanks.

PDW

PDW

Associate
This is a guess, it has been a long time since I got a Passkey, I'm assuming you got one of those but used feek instead of Feek ??
If that is the reason I have no idea if you can change that, you may have to get another Passkey for Feek.

Associate
My installation stopped downloading units for GPU for some reason, it was still downloading and running units for the CPU though.

Giving the CPU some exercise made a huge difference to the cooling efficiency of my AIO 360mm cooler. When I first bought the PC as a complete system from OcUK a couple weeks ago it was idling at 60C which I thought was a bit warm! Maybe these threadrippers run hot? I didn't know. Anyway, left it running overnight chewing on folding units at 75degC, then stopped it, now it idles at 40degC and runs 53degC on medium setting F@H. So I thought OcUK burned them in using Prime for 24hrs but that cannot have happened for mine.

Back
Top Bottom