• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Conroe, maybe you'd like to see this..

Soldato
egt said:
EDIT: Jimbo, It reads just below 1.7v in CPU-Z for me, but i know thats probably an inaccurate reading, mate.

Just a bit. It'll be 1.76 in reality on the Ultra D.

trojan698 said:
some bioses support a much higher vcore, my current one only allows me to set it to 113%, but my old one (the latest official one) would allow 130 odd %

Yes, but there's a bug on the non-expert boards meaning above 113% can sometimes spike the voltage and kill the CPU. Check out DFI forums.

Just so I'm on topic.........

Conroe for the win! :D :D :D

Associate
welshtom said:
I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with their overclocks on these because they dont want the huge volts.

I agree entirely. I don't understand why such a fear of volts and temps as developed here.

Big clocks require big volts people. ;)

Soldato
Kesnel said:
I agree entirely. I don't understand why such a fear of volts and temps as developed here.

Big clocks require big volts people. ;)

Like my 805 running 1.6v (1.325v stock) on stoack air cooling for my super pi run :D

As conroe runs relatively cool I dont see why running higher than average overvolts should be a problem

Soldato
electro migration etc.?

I meant that the safe temp is generally lower the higher the voltage, so that would play less of a factor when overclocking when compared to prescot cores.

Associate
What Conroe chip is that screen shot?

I thought the X6800 is going to be 266*11 (2.93)

The screen shot shows a multi of 12? Are the multi's going to be unlocked in both directions or is it's an Engineering Sample ?

Associate
I guess damage to the chips is a combnation of both temp and voltage. Which is why people use ln2 etc for the high volts, as this would decrease the temp of the components allowing them to cope with the higher volts without taking damage or malfunctioning.

Soldato
I'm looking forward to the release of these chips and watching most of you overclocking them, wish I could play aswell but I can't warrant the upgrade and don't have the money. Donation anyone? :)

Either way I think people will get some good clocks, but when restricted to air/water I wonder how much of an improvement will be gained over an overclocked A64 chip.

Soldato
JackRegan said:
What Conroe chip is that screen shot?

I thought the X6800 is going to be 266*11 (2.93)

The screen shot shows a multi of 12? Are the multi's going to be unlocked in both directions or is it's an Engineering Sample ?

Fix your sig dude, its 4 lines max!

Back
Top Bottom