Considering LG OLED & LG Sound Bar, good choice or any alternatives please?

Soldato
If the rear speakers are close to the back of your head I would recommd bipoles over regular speakers.

Also if you route cabling from that corner along bottom of radiator to behind couch it will be virtually invisible, and cheaper. Not like you're trailing it in front of fireplace and into midlde of room (for rear speakers, what I am doing)

OcUK Staff
OP
Went and had a look at TVs today and definitely going for a 65” LG OLED now. :)

Any help finding the best deal on a 65” C9 or CX would be very appreciated please.

Soundbar wise pretty settled on SN11RG, again looking for best deal, be good to get both around £2500 or less if possible.

Soldato
Went and had a look at TVs today and definitely going for a 65” LG OLED now. :)

Any help finding the best deal on a 65” C9 or CX would be very appreciated please.

Soundbar wise pretty settled on SN11RG, again looking for best deal, be good to get both around £2500 or less if possible.

If you have this hooked up to a PC, just go JL.

Don't want a fellow PC enthusiast to get burnt with burn in.

OcUK Staff
OP
If you have this hooked up to a PC, just go JL.

Don't want a fellow PC enthusiast to get burnt with burn in.

What is JL?
It is not connected to PC our TV is 90% time used for TV, Plex, Movies and from time to time we stream games from PC using a Shield Pro.

Soldato
I was set on getting the SN11 but in the end went for the SN9 and wireless rear speakers. Tbh it sounds great and having heard the SN11 at a friends it’s not much different tbh.

OcUK Staff
OP
I was set on getting the SN11 but in the end went for the SN9 and wireless rear speakers. Tbh it sounds great and having heard the SN11 at a friends it’s not much different tbh.

That is good to know as I can buy the SN10 for just over £500 so be about £650 with rear speakers

What price did you get on SN9 with rears?

How do you find the bass is it punchy even at lower volumes and can it shake the room at higher volumes?

Soldato
That is good to know as I can buy the SN10 for just over £500 so be about £650 with rear speakers

What price did you get on SN9 with rears?

How do you find the bass is it punchy even at lower volumes and can it shake the room at higher volumes?

Thats a good price I paid just under £1k for soundbar and speakers from Richer sounds. I thought the SN10 was U/S only ?

Bass is pretty good but tbh I’m not a bass person so I turn it down a fair bit. It can definitely be felt if cranked up....

OcUK Staff
OP
Thats a good price I paid just under £1k for soundbar and speakers from Richer sounds. I thought the SN10 was U/S only ?

Bass is pretty good but tbh I’m not a bass person so I turn it down a fair bit. It can definitely be felt if cranked up....

From Germany :)

Soldato
I’ll be planning on doing same once find a good deal on a C9 or CX 65

It’s a great setup very happy with mine. Make sure your unit for the bar is fairly big as the bar is huge....

OLED prices have gone up since COVID. I paid £1649 for my C9 back in Jan with 18 months sky q thrown in too. Not many deals about now...

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Ordered the SN11RG, 35% discount when purchased with a TV at Curry's so I ordered a Samsung Bezel at £49.99 which I've got no use for but its the cheapest item they consider as a TV but it means the £1499 Soundbar cost me £975, if anyone else is interested check Curry's website and check for the voucher code which currently is SBALWAYS35WBW2021.

Seems I may have got last one as now shows sold out but sure they will get more, spotted it on AV forums and seems a bit of a frenzy ordering wise with several people ordering today so hoping I got one but I have had a confirmation email, just waiting despatch email now. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Good stuff.... Did you not order a TV ?

Nope as no discounts will probably wait until Black Friday if need be as LG had some good deals on last year on TV's but can't see the soundbar getting much better than £500 off.

If a good deal appears on a C9 or CX 65" then I shall buy it, otherwise I can wait as all this is for the new house really anyway and not moving in until December as doing a lot of work on it.

OcUK Staff
OP
This is mine under TV. Its a long bar so make sure your unit is wide enough. It also comes with wall mounts if you want to wall mount.....

IMG_0048 by

Looks good that TV does, LG?

LG have offered me the following deals:
OLED65CX6LA at £2159.99
OLED65BX6LB at £1349.99

I am going to ask the obvious question is the CX worth the additional £800 or will I not be able to notice any difference, were also using a NVIDIA Shield Pro with our TV if that makes any difference and other question is how does BX compared to say the C9.

Tempted to just grab the BX as the price seems an absolute bargain, but if the CX is visually superior then I guess the £800 premium is justified.

Back
Top Bottom