Console Game of the Year (Nominations)

Soldato
1. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl - Say nothing, they're fantastic games.
2. Halo 3
3. Guitar Hero 2 on the 360, haven't played a game for longer...ever

Biggest Dissapointment - Bioshock, I just really didn't get into it.

And those chosing Gear of War, it came out when I was 19, i'm now 21 ;)

Soldato
COD4
Simply the best FPS ive played on a console can be played like a run and gun fast paced game or as slow and steady as RvS if you switch it to hardcore and with the rigth downloadable content to fill in a couple of minor holes it could be the best game ever. The PC version will get these mods anyway i just hope the 360 version follows suit.

The next 2 are more difficult to pick becasue nothing stands out as far.

Bioshock is probally the best single player game ive played for quite a longtime and has a very good storyline but the game is not without its faults but i think ill still let it into the top 3 purely for being a work of art as much as a game.

Id like to pick forza2 or PGR4 to fill the last stop but both of them wind me up in diffrent ways (timevKudos races in PGR4 that arent races at all they are handbrake tests, overlong races and championships that take 4-5 hrs to complete in Forza2 as well as people simulating whole races to get the money and acheivments)

I find it hard to pick a game for slot3 becasue while there are loads of really really good games they all have something about them to put me off.

GRAW2: Great mp, way too easy SP.
Crackdown: Too short SP and repetative but amazing fun none the less.
Orange box: Portal is a brilliant game is a little short and half of it is training but HL2 is showing its age now and TF2 is just broken on the 360 lastime i tried it the lag was unreal and worse than any other 360 game ive played.

I'm torn so im going to have more of a think.

This is mainly a good thing becasue there have been soooo many above average games for the 360 this last year, my ultra pickyness should not be seen a dig at the games, all the ones ive listed above are brilliant just flawed in some way...

Soldato
There really is no contest this year. Lots of great games, but no contest.

Mario Galaxy - it has reminded me why I fell in love with games as a kid and what a 10/10 game should actually be. The real question - game of the decade?

Soldato
Mario Galaxy - it has reminded me why I fell in love with games as a kid and what a 10/10 game should actually be. The real question - game of the decade?

Hmm, I kinda disagree with you there. Strong contender for GOTY but it's not Mario 64. Game of the decade would probably be something like Deus Ex or Grand Theft Auto III. Mario Galaxy just doesn't have that dazzling entrance on the scene that Mario 64 did, where it really did send shockwaves through the gaming industry. A muted reception compared to its illustrious predecessor, if you will. Other games since Mario 64 has resonated far more with gamers in general, including the two I've mentioned earlier.

Maybe in five years when people still circle-jerk around Mario Galaxy like they do to Mario 64 I will change my view on it, but I don't think it will last that long. Just my 2 cents.

Associate
1. Heavenly Sword
2. PGR4
3. Assassin's Creed (If it will stop crashing all the time)

Biggest dissapointment(s)

1. Halo 3 - lifeless, dull and uninspiring.
2. Forza 2 - for all of the hype with 'realistic' simulation it turned out to be a bit of a shocker.

Wej

Wej

Associate
1. Mass Effect
2. Bioshock
3. Skate

Not a problem getting three. They're the only 3 I think have really added anything to any of the genres this year...

Permabanned
1 - NHL 08 - awesome
2 - NBA 2K8 - ace
3 - COD4 - not played it until christmas but will and will like it maybe or something

all 3sexy only - Puss3 is shockingly rubbish

Soldato
ooooo, this is a hard one...

1. Skate
2. Bioshock
3. COD4

Biggest disapointments

1. Stranglehold
2. Halo 3 (although im not calling it a bad game)

Back
Top Bottom