1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Console Game of the Year (Nominations)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Abooie, 28 Nov 2007.

1. Mr Men

Sgarrista

Sure Rainbow was late 06 not sure about GOW

2. macca672

Mobster

having only had my console a couple of weeks I havent really had chance to play a lot of games, but from what I have played then my top 3 are

1. Eternal Sonata
    2. PGR4
    3. Guitar Hero 3

I have mass effect sat still shrink wrapped on the shelf waiting for when I finish Eternal Sonata, no doubt that would be #1 but as I havent played it yet then it would be unfair for me to judge it :)

3. Gackt

Soldato

Only one GOTY for me;

Mass Effect.

Best game I've played in years.

4. TheOtherOption

Soldato

I can't name three but if I had to choose one for me it would be Mario Galaxy ! :)

5. unknown79

Gangster

CoD 4
    PGR 4
    Halo 3

6. bigbilly50

Hitman

Bioshock
    COD4
    The Darkness

7. mmj_uk

Capodecina

To be honest there hasn't really been any truly exceptional games this year, at a push I'd say COD4 on PC even though it is just yet another FPS in an already saturated market.

The award should be given to WoW though, it is updated year by year with probably more longer lasting and enjoyable content than most full games have period.

8. KNiVES

Capodecina

That came out 3 years ago. And it's not on consoles. In other words you've completely missed the point of the thread :p 'Console game of the year'. By the way, you can mention Xbox 360 games, it won't hurt.

9. Scarecrow

Hitman

Has to be COD4 for multiplayer alone

10. Wang Computer

Wise Guy

Mass Effect or Super Mario Galaxy.

I don't actually think it's a very good game when you strip away the swish presentation and the fact it's so popular.

11. Gackt

Soldato

So much wrong with that statement.

12. saguy

Wise Guy

With out a doubt my favourite consol game is Mass Effect. The best game I have played for years apart from The Witcher on PC. I have not finished either of them but I suspect it will be a tie.

My second nomination is Eternal Sonata which I also have not finished. I do like shooters but this year it's all about RPG's.

13. Primordial

Associate

1. Mass Effect
    2. Skate
    3. The Darkness

14. Weebull

Capodecina

Yay popularity contests.

As much as I'd want to vote/nominate Mario Galaxy, it's clear that a 360 game is going to win this, by the sheer amount of "Oh I've not played Mario" posts. Ditto with Portal/Orange Box (which are we counting? The seperate games or the box as a whole?).

15. samat2001

Gangster

Mario Galaxy
    Orange Box
    Bioshock

Biggest Disappointment - Simpsons Game (though I had a feeling it would be crap), Jericho, Lair

16. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

number 1 - Warhawk - without a doubt it owns all other fps's, the levels are HUGE and fantastic, they have added several new elements into the fps genre, the flying only level, seperate islands, so your are forced to fly from one to the other, do battle in the air, in a tank or a jeep, capture the flag, it has everything included and more, downloadable content, 32 player online, this game totally walks all over halo 3 and this is coming from a 360 fanboy

number 2 - COD4 - not played it yet but ive owned every other version of this game and from the great reviews i will be buying shortly

number 3 - theres so many contenders to choose from, crackdown, this game would of been number 1 had the game had more missions and more replayability, the team took most of their time designing the game rather than focussing on the actual content, so it lucks out, i will definetely buy crackdown 2 if its ever made, bioshock - this game was all hype, yeah the graphics were nice, but it was the same as every other game of this type, half life 2, FEAR, etc they are all very linear games something new has to be brought to the table to warrant my attention for longer than 30 minutes, orange box - again very similar too bioshock ive already played these games before and nothing new has been brought, so the 3rd best game would have to go to a wii game for bringing in a new type of gameplay to the table, since i dont own a wii, i dont know which one would be best but probably, wii sports or one of the marios

no.1 ps3 game - warhawk
    no.2 multi format game - cod 4
    no.3 any decent wii game

17. wedgie

Sgarrista

So you've picked the fps Warhawk (which isn't an fps afaik), a game you've yet to play, and any one from a number of Wii games.

Nice list. :p

18. Abooie

Mobster

I'll count all as Orange Box votes.

As for not voting for Mario Galaxy 'cause it might not win; is a tad silly. The 360 game votes are surprisingly divided and you'd raise an eye lid at how many votes Mario Galaxy has had.

All we're doing at this stage is suggesting out own personal highlights for a universal top 10 (which will be presented in alphabetical order) for the final vote.

19. RuMp3l4$k1n

Mobster

I take it that the final voting will be conducted after xmas? as I'm sure some of us have to wait until then for some of these games.

20. Abooie

Mobster

I'd got it into my head Uncharted has already been released so I want to wait until people have had a good chance to play it.

I think you make a good suggestion and I'll leave this open until the end of the year with the poll very early in the new year.

I've edited the first post. The cut off will be Friday 4th January.

Last edited: 30 Nov 2007