Control Unit?

Soldato
The Akasa one I mentioned on MSN is a good one.

How much money you willing to spend, and how many fans do you want controlled by it?

Don
OP
^^ Funny you should mention that, as I was just going to ask an opinion on it!!

Akasa AK FC-03 Fan Controller Pro (OA-002-AK)

So I can contorl 4 fans, and it also gives me temp reading of the CPU, system etc?

Sounds good

Associate
Yea, Temp read out read outs (or options for) ---> CPU,HDD,CASE,PWR. They are the options on the controller itself.

Only ones im using are the CPU and CASE temp readouts..But its a nice controller, aesthetically pleasing too.

-Vinny-

Soldato
I would strongly suggest you read up on how the stepped fan controllers work. They can only vary the fan speed in discrete steps and they can only slow the fan down to 5v speed (roughly 50% of full speed).

The T-Balancer runs at 12V all the time, but varies the frequency of the supply so it can actually stop the fan or turn it over at 1RPM if it sees the need. Through the control software you can determine how the fans react to changes in temperature and you can link multiple fans to 1 temperature sensor.

For example - if you are monitoring the CPU temperature, then with the Akasa or any other stepped controller, you need to control the CPU fan to quieten it down or improve the cooling. With the T-Balancer, you can turn up all of the fans in the case, at different rates if you want. Try it - you will be very surprised at how extremely effective it is.

Soldato
Off topic sorry: PinkFloyd cracking name and sig!

Lots of recommendations for the Akasa, if your wanting one to 'show off' its the one I would choose for a non Lian Li.

Associate
i got the thermaltake hardcano 13 great fan controler
control 4 fans temp monitor card reader, needs 1 spare usb header for card readers to work.
Also comes with 2 4 to 3 cables incase your fans are 4 pins molex wich the akasa 1 doesnt.

Thermaltake Hardcano 13

Back
Top Bottom