1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Control Unit?

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by Andybtsn, 2 Mar 2006.

1. Andybtsn

Don

Looking for a decent control unit that I can easily adjust my Fan speeds, and also be able to see my CPU temp, system temp etc...

Can nyone recommend one?

2. Yewen

Capodecina

The Akasa one I mentioned on MSN is a good one.

How much money you willing to spend, and how many fans do you want controlled by it?

3. WJA96

Capodecina

If you want a proper cooling solution, then the m-Cubed T-Balancer is the only way to go.

If you want flash/bling and lots of read-outs then have a look at the Thermaltake Hardcano 13.

4. Vinny1511

Gangster

I have the akasa Fan controller, it will controll 4 fans and gives 4 temp read outs. Its a nice unit for the price, easy to install and very functional !

Currently i have 3 deltas running off it and an LED AC/Ryan fan. Does the job perfectly.

Id suggest this one.

Akasa AK FC-03 Fan Controller Pro - 4th one down

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Akasa.html

-Vinny-

5. Andybtsn

Don

^^ Funny you should mention that, as I was just going to ask an opinion on it!!

Akasa AK FC-03 Fan Controller Pro (OA-002-AK)

So I can contorl 4 fans, and it also gives me temp reading of the CPU, system etc?

Sounds good

6. Vinny1511

Gangster

Yea, Temp read out read outs (or options for) ---> CPU,HDD,CASE,PWR. They are the options on the controller itself.

Only ones im using are the CPU and CASE temp readouts..But its a nice controller, aesthetically pleasing too.

-Vinny-

7. Andybtsn

Don

Great, nice one!

Thanks

8. WJA96

Capodecina

I would strongly suggest you read up on how the stepped fan controllers work. They can only vary the fan speed in discrete steps and they can only slow the fan down to 5v speed (roughly 50% of full speed).

The T-Balancer runs at 12V all the time, but varies the frequency of the supply so it can actually stop the fan or turn it over at 1RPM if it sees the need. Through the control software you can determine how the fans react to changes in temperature and you can link multiple fans to 1 temperature sensor.

For example - if you are monitoring the CPU temperature, then with the Akasa or any other stepped controller, you need to control the CPU fan to quieten it down or improve the cooling. With the T-Balancer, you can turn up all of the fans in the case, at different rates if you want. Try it - you will be very surprised at how extremely effective it is.

9. PinkFloyd

Capodecina

Another user of the Akasa here, it looks good, gives of a nice subtle blue glow.
    Simple to use and does the job perfectly.

10. Yewen

Capodecina

Off topic sorry: PinkFloyd cracking name and sig!

Lots of recommendations for the Akasa, if your wanting one to 'show off' its the one I would choose for a non Lian Li.

11. james32

Hitman

i got the thermaltake hardcano 13 great fan controler
    control 4 fans temp monitor card reader, needs 1 spare usb header for card readers to work.
    Also comes with 2 4 to 3 cables incase your fans are 4 pins molex wich the akasa 1 doesnt.

Thermaltake Hardcano 13

12. PinkFloyd

Capodecina

Cheers ;)

The Hardcano looks pretty nice, but without the knobs for the fan speed it doesnt look as quick and easy to use. Also it doesnt have a clear plastic cover over th e front that fits flush with my case :p