The Official Pizza Discussion thread (was: Cooking Neapolitan Pizzas with the Uuni 3)

Caporegime
I did exactly the same! I was torn about buying one with cosmetic damage but figured with the extra 5% it was probably worth it. By the time I'd made the decision they'd all sold out. :(
I'm going to keep refreshing for the next few days, and hope it comes in stock before the code expires, long shot I know, but nothing to lose. Also messaged support asking if they would give me another code if/when it comes back in stock, albeit unlikely.

I'll post here as soon as I see it appear in stock (after I buy one for myself, off course!).

rp2000

Soldato
the deduction applies to koda 16 too, but there seemed an enormous/ridiculous premium on it at 2x the price ~£400 - why ?

Caporegime
Soldato
Man of Honour
What's the verdict on sour dough pizza? I have just started a starter to give it a try. Who has tried the sour dough recipe on the ooni site?

Caporegime
Awesome, thanks! :)
Ooni support got back to me and they say they expect more in June, with pre-orders in May.

BUT, I just checked again now and they have brand new 37MBAR ones in stock (no cosmetic damage). I just purchased one, and there is still more available.

Edit: I deleted my post so I could order one 1st, and now editted back in now I got mine :D

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
What's the verdict on sour dough pizza? I have just started a starter to give it a try. Who has tried the sour dough recipe on the ooni site?

I'm trying it this weekend in my pizza oven. I normally use fresh yeast but cant get any, I normally only use my starter for bread but will be seeing how this turns out.

Man of Honour
I'm trying it this weekend in my pizza oven. I normally use fresh yeast but cant get any, I normally only use my starter for bread but will be seeing how this turns out.
Nice, let us know. I probably won't have my koda by the time the starter is ready so will try a loaf instead.

Soldato
compare the protein level , to your regular flour, high protein for New York thin crust (ie. Ooni) versus regular for chicago, is my take.
- the posted flour link seemed good price, but did't want to sign up for 25KG.

Soldato
Decided to give sourdough another go so mixed up some 166% starter see if it takes.
Annoyingly the pizzapp uses 100% bit I don't like it that thick find it hard to mix and feed compared to 166.

Soldato
I had it last night. Made the dough on Friday. It worked out really well, nice crust and very easy to hand stretch.
looks good .. 24hours cold prooved ? removed a couple of hours before

Finally checked out nduja, after earlier comments too
... turns out I had never seen it, in Waitrose where I looked, because it's in jars there ... not skins

Back
Top Bottom