The Official Pizza Discussion thread (was: Cooking Neapolitan Pizzas with the Uuni 3)

Permabanned
Do people use these for BBQs/parties? Like prep all the stuff before hand and people can do their own toppings.

Considering if would be feasible to get one and do party food, maybe 30 guests. The cook in a few minutes right?

Soldato
Do people use these for BBQs/parties? Like prep all the stuff before hand and people can do their own toppings.

Considering if would be feasible to get one and do party food, maybe 30 guests. The cook in a few minutes right?

If you have a few wooden peels people can be making their Pizza ready for cooking so you dont lose much time.

Soldato
Personally don't see the appeal of the pellets. What is the downside of gas for this? The goal is heat which it delivers.
Pellets get hotter. Easier to transport.

I have never once struggled with pellets use a funnel and fill it cooks for ages.
Gas on the other hand because you have to have the door off your basically cooking half a pizza at a time as the front of the stone just doesn't get hot enough.

Man of Honour
Fair enough. Heat wise, I have a heat gun and have no issue with the temp I can achieve. I do have to turn the pizzas for even cook though.

Soldato
Well this thread has made me realise

A) I love Pizza more than I thoguht
B) I need to grab one of these pizza cookers when we get in the new house.

I floated the idea past my partner and she thinks they're not worth it just for pizza (strongly disagree but here we are) so I'm wondering what else could I make in it?

Rather just get it and deal with the consequences. Better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission and all that!

Soldato
Well this thread has made me realise

A) I love Pizza more than I thoguht
B) I need to grab one of these pizza cookers when we get in the new house.

I floated the idea past my partner and she thinks they're not worth it just for pizza (strongly disagree but here we are) so I'm wondering what else could I make in it?

Rather just get it and deal with the consequences. Better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission and all that!
Steak is amazing done on a cast iron skillet.

Soldato
I'll add those to my armoury when I bring it up next. She thinks it wont get much use but I feel it's something you could use all year around if it's dry. Unlike a BBQ

In order I'd say I make pizza, naan bread, chicken tikka, steak in mine. Use it a lot more than the BBQ.

Thinking of modding mine soon with the stone from a Karu 15mm thick rather than 10mm.
And some ceramic blanket put over the top to help get it hotter.

Soldato
In order I'd say I make pizza, naan bread, chicken tikka, steak in mine. Use it a lot more than the BBQ.

Thinking of modding mine soon with the stone from a Karu 15mm thick rather than 10mm.
And some ceramic blanket put over the top to help get it hotter.

never even thought about Naan breads before! That alone is a great idea. I like that it looks pretty small and easy to pack away as well. I'd probably never eat a frozen pizza again...

In saying that.. If you bought a frozen pizza I presume you could cook it in there as well as long as it was thawed out - not much point though

Soldato
I need to try the naan bread! And tikka sounds amazing too tbh. We have some people over tonight for pizzas. We do it like a bit of a production line, get them in, turn, out, other one ready to go in etc.

Will get the wife to make naan next week though, we've got curry on the menu for wednesday!

Soldato
yeha I was looking to making kebabs/tikka in mine but not been able to find a nice cast iron sizzle pan that'll fit that isnt a daft price.
Woudl prefer one large square one to fill the oven.

Anyone tried this flour?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Molino-Grassi-Italian-Pizzas-Focaccia/dp/B07FWMVW5R/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Sounds canny and price looks decent

I use a cast iron plate, its longer than the ooni3 so sticks out a bit but thats ideal to grab it.
It was about £25.

Don
re Naan they are also great for take away Naan

lets be honest delivery Naan doesn't work, they go rubbery and chewy

quick sprinkle of water one top, less than a minute on hot stone and as good as they are in restaurants

Man of Honour
Good tip. Hadn't thought of reinvigorating naan. Our favourite Indian restaurant is less than a 5 minute walk. Naan when eating there is amazing, take away though is meh.

Back
Top Bottom