cooler for delidded 8700k

Soldato
I think that cooler would be great.

However I read these things run hot so if you are looking to push agressive overclocks then an AIO would be better.

I'm planning to get one and use my old D14.

Associate
OP
E
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £190.44 (includes shipping: £10.50)

eisbaer cools 8700k at 5ghz better then most AIO/CLC kits that are a lot more expensive
Dark Rock Pro 4 another good air unit, should run quieter then D15 at 100% rpm and just a tad warmer

Thanks. I still can't decide. I want my system as cool and quiet as possible without going full custom loop. I will be going for 5GHz as long as I can keep it under 1.3v.

Soldato
Associate
OP
The pump is 100% silent , run at 100% 24/7 :D
I have mine with silent wing 3 fans that run at 80% all the time :D

what are the fans like that come with it?

I am still looking at reviews and still like the look of the EK predator (I know they dont make it anymore but you can still get it) or the new Phoenix MLC cooler (which is expensive but can afford)

Soldato
Predator leaks, and replaced it with Phoenix .
Phoneix had a lower powered DDC pump unit.
Alohacool has a self created DC-LT pump which runs lower then DDC but higher then any CLC unit on the market .

And just for s***s and giggles, alphacools Extreme AIO will have a D5 pump !!!!!!

Eisbaer LT has their own branded fans, not to bad, average performance but doesn't need to be special in any way.
They have switched to using bequiet Pure wings under their own name, like the silent loop series on the standard Eisbaer range. And believe the extreme has Silent wing fans

Soldato
I'm not ordering for a couple of weeks so hopefully the Alphacool will be back in stock then. Do you know what the EK kits are like? (the ones which are basically an open loop setup)

should un like the alphacools , same concept with quick discounts but they offer each piece separately as well , but the cost is higher . Have to get some damn good reviews out to wipe away the reputation of the old one leaking

Associate
OP
I'm still not ordering for a couple of weeks. I'm getting made redundant so will have nearly 17k in the bank the day I leave work and will be going to another job so I have ear marked £2800 max for a new build but am aiming for £2500

Back
Top Bottom