Cooler Master Nepton fans blow (also suck!)!

Associate
Hi All,

I side-graded from an Antec 1200 recently and had to give up the trust Zalman CNPS10X in lieu for something smaller.

Having read a couple of reviews I opted for the Nepton 140XL, but now I'm wishing I didn't. Not only does the pump whine, the fans absolutely suck.

There is almost no measurable airflow within the fan area, but moving just outside the fans surrounding you get huge airflow, almost being blown straight out the sides of the fan. This is just annoying for the one fan I used in the front of the case, but for the fan that sits on the radiator it's just downright stupid. There's so much air coming out between the fan and the radiator I feel conned.

Does anybody else have any experience with these fans or this system?

edit: the fan is even marketed as having more direct airflow: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/nepton/nepton-140xl/ :mad::mad::mad:

Associate
That almost sounds like the fans are both blowing air onto the RAD ... I know this is a stupid question but you have checked that the fans are working with each other and not against each other ?? use I bit of paper over the fan it should get sucked onto the fan on one side and pushed away on the other fan.

Associate
I have one and it works fine?

Moves lots of air out of the top of the case and away from the middle of the case - also pulls lots of hot air from the gpu as well?

It sounds like there is a installation issue there - I could be totally wrong but mine went it fine and works fine

Its in the CM-690-3 advanced case with the big 200mm fan at the front

Back
Top Bottom