Coolermaster aero 7(removal?)

Soldato
I'm trying to remove this but i got no idea how? It has sort of clamped down onto the motherboard(socket A) and there is no release mechanism. Does anyone know how to take it off?

Soldato
Hi,

yup its a bit of a bugger to remove, and I would say *impossible* to take off unless you remove the mobo from the case (unless you got a HUGE case). I'm not sure what mobo you have but most socket A boards have the socket situated near the top of the board and the clamp you need to unclip faces the top of the board. Get yourself a decent flat-head screwdriver and insert it into the top clip, then push the clip down and bend it outwards so that when you take the pressure off it doesn't catch on the latch.

Take care with the screwdriver because if it slips you could take a wodge out from the mobo surface, also take care when lifting the heatsink away from the chip just in case it sticks or you wobble and take a chip out the CPU slug.

Apart from that its a piece of cake :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the reply :)

My socket is at the top of the board, near the PSU but the clamps don't face towards the psu instead they face towards the front and back of the case. I shall attempt to remove it now.

When you say clamp, which clamp is it?

EDIT: Har har, thanks its off now :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom