Coolermaster Dominator II Advanced Build

Soldato
So my Coolermaster Dominator II arrived today, I already had the radiator, cpu block and pump/res, was hoping the gpu block would have arrived but no such luck, being impatient i started the build anyway would just carefully put the cpu in the loop after it arrived.

P1020115.jpg

P1020117.jpg

P1020118.jpg

Soldato
OP
But stupidly i never thought about the thickness of the thermochill rad...... its fouling the mobo and its also too big to mount in the bottom of the case :( gutted to say the least as im now stuck with my netbook till i get a thinner rad (too lazy to refit the air cooler), ill get something ordered on monday as the only local shop that sells wc bits appears to have only 120 or 360 rads :(

Oh well this is how it is for now, quite like the case tho :)

P1020125.jpg

P1020124.jpg

Soldato
OP
Its the patriot 4gb on this week only that arrived today :) yes it was catching on them but also on the mosfet cooler on the mobo, so I think ill just get 2 x 240 rads of about 35mm thickness rather than 60mm and fit one at the top and one at the bottom

Associate
Can I ask what that front panel interface is? It almost looks like the backplate off a motherboard. I like it...

Looks a very nice tidy build, look forward to seeing the end result!

Man of Honour
Glad to see a build in one of these as I plan in picking one up shortly, if 60mm rads are out the the question on top I guess one of the swiftech models would be more suitable.

As far as fitting the 60mm rad in the bottom what is the issue space between psu and rad?

Soldato
OP
Looks like one of these:

Hiyatek HY-CR-722es

Thats the one, about £10 from another place

Glad to see a build in one of these as I plan in picking one up shortly, if 60mm rads are out the the question on top I guess one of the swiftech models would be more suitable.

As far as fitting the 60mm rad in the bottom what is the issue space between psu and rad?

I think about 35mm rads are fine, im gonna get 2 xspc rs240's have one at the top and one at the bottom. The thermochill is also slightly longer than others so i couldnt get my power connectors into my psu

Associate
Just noticed your later post about rad fouling the mboard... exactly the problem I was worried about! It would still be nice to know the measured clearence if you wouldn't mind?

Back
Top Bottom