Coolermaster Swift-RX Mat Quick Look.

Caporegime
STU_CM_SWIFT_zpsmulvzm9k.jpg~original

Coolermaster Product Page - http://eu.coolermaster.com/uk/peripherals/mouse-pads/swift-rx/
OcUK Product Page - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/search_results.php?keywords=swift-rx&_=1439564650997

I recently bought a new mat to replace my OcUK XXL mat that was old, covered in paint and starting to split and fray at the front edge by the mouse - the area with the most activity.

Looking around, I saw that Coolermaster Swift-RXs were very similar, but with stitched edges to reduce this problem and they also did a variety of sizes including a 900mm wide one which is perfect to accommodate my keyboard, mouse and drink of choice.

swiftrx-wide_large%201_zpsuoqg2oz6.jpg~original

They are available in four different sizes and any colour you want as long as it is black.

Packaging

It arrived in a rectangular box that was a tiny bit crumpled, courtesy of Royal Mail.

IMG_7090_zpsp2awjxk9.jpg~original

IMG_7091_zpsdvokxmop.jpg~original

IMG_7095_zpsek6urf6v.jpg~original

The Mat

Taking it out of the box you are greeted with that new smell that only box fresh products have.

IMG_7099_zps16crufok.jpg~original

Big, black and long.

IMG_7100_zpsamo3be9i.jpg~original

A close-up of the stitched edging that I hope will withstand months and years of abuse.

IMG_7102_zpsenmn4trd.jpg~original

Silk screened logo.

IMG_7148_zpsxsjvlmez.jpg~original

The reverse has a non-slip coating.

Compatibility

IMG_7111_zpsslkktaum.jpg~original

Being from Coolermaster you may be thinking only Coolermaster keyboards and mice will work with this mat, but that is not true and my Ducky Fire 69 and Zowie EC1-A work like a dream on it. From this we can assume any other high quality keyboard-and-mouse combination will equally be at home on this mat.

Another important feature any mat must have is the ability to support drinks of all shapes and sizes, whether hot or cold. Fortunately, this Swift-RX mat is again 100% compatible with everything I have thrown at it.

IMG_7127_zpsigmxwhif.jpg~original

Cider cans are no problem.

IMG_7126_zpswk2mxgnx.jpg~original

Empty glasses are laughed at.

IMG_7123_zpsilvi9mxd.jpg~original

IMG_7156_zps2onq6ctl.jpg~original

Mugs that contain hot brews are just too easy for it.

Usage

So, on to gaming and specifically BF4 which I play a lot of. This mat excelled itself in every department, bringing up head-shot after head-shot with the MID sniper rifle and helping to take down helicopters and aeroplanes whilst using the AA.

Summing Up

In conclusion, the Coolermaster Swift-RX mat is a nice mat to use. I do wish this version was a touch deeper than 360mm but, other than that, it's a good product.

Back
Top Bottom