1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolers for DS4?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by woodsup, 29 Jul 2006.

1. woodsup

Associate

Hey, I've just ordered a full conroe system with a DS4 motherboard and without thinking about it, also got a Zalman 9500. Is this likely to fit onto the motherboard when it has the large heatpipe northbridge cooling system so close to the chipset.

What coolers have people got to fit on these boards? :confused:

2. LordShadow

Hitman

The Zalman might fit since a few people over at XS have got their Scythe Ninjas to fit, altho it may not be easy to do as you may have to take off the backplate on the back of the board. It may be worth having a look at xtreme systems to see if anyone has achieved this with the zalman.

3. Dusty

Associate

Lordshadow, the DS4 doesnt come with the backing plate/cooler, as far as I know it's the DQ series only that has these??

@ Woodsup - I replied in another thread about the Zalman fitting the DS4, hope this helps :)

Cheers,

Dusty.

4. LordShadow

Hitman

Ah sorry my mistake, I'm sure I heard a few other people talking about taking the backing plate off - they must have been talking about the DQ6.