Corsair Carbide 400c - Fan Setup

Soldato
Hey all,

Looking at building a new PC with a Corsair Carbide 400c case.

Was thinking of setting the fans up in the following way.

I'm worried about negative pressure with the exhausts?

Do you think the Corsair H60 CPU cooler radiator is in the best place? And also is it best to set these fans as intake for the H60?

The guide for the H60 recommends its fans be set as intake. That's why I've mounted it to the front of the case. But I'm wondering if this should be placed else where?

FCrZqye.jpg

Associate
Negative pressure is good for temps so I wouldn't worry. The only concern is dust but provided you keep the room and surroundings clean it's not an issue.

I personally would remove the top exhaust close to the intake fans as it's going to be removing intake air before it's had a chance to reach the rear exhaust.

So you could have 2 140mm intakes, and 120mm and 140mm as exhaust.

Associate
The radiators are best placed as intakes. All you need to do then is add another front case fan ( as you have done ) to help provide as much flow through the case as you can. I don't really think you would even need one exhaust fan, let alone three. If you use a splitter and drive the 140mm front fan from one of the radiators, then it will add lots of cool air to the case, proportional to the load on the system. There will be so much air coming in the front, I really don't think it matters where that air exhausts, and there is nothing in the way to impede flow through the case, so really, those exhaust fans are going to be doing nothing other than making noise. You may decide to keep one exhaust fan but seriously there is no point in more than one.

Back
Top Bottom