Corsair Commander Pro

Associate
I recently built a new computer & added some RGB in the form of some Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo ARGB LED 3-in-1 Fan Kit - 120mm all built, a couple of Lian-Li Lancool II Side ARGB LED Strips, Aorus X570 mobo.
I also have a Corsair K95 Platinum, a Corsair DARK CORE mouse & a Logitec G13 keypad.
Rather than having a million different programs to control all the RGB I wanted to sync the RGB using JackNet RGB sync.
At the moment all my case RGB is controlled by the motherboard but JackNet does not support Aorus RGB fusion.
No problem I thought I will buy a Corsair Commander Pro & RGB hub it will be easy I thought, as all RGB plugs are obviously standard & have the same 3 or 4 pin connector so I will just plug my fans into the RGB hub & commander pro.
But oh no Corsair has to be different & have a different set of adaptors on their hub.
Anyway, this is my rather long-winded way of asking have I missed, or am I missing something, or do I now need to order some sort of adapter or cable to join the 2 together? I found the cable below but this seems like a rather complicated way of connecting everything together & an unnecessary & expensive extra step.
Any advice would be appreciated.
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £8.61 (includes shipping: £4.66)​

Soldato
RGB & ARGB is a minefield when it comes to compatibility, I learned that late last year. There is no 'one size fits all'. I think you made a mistake buying the Commander pro, only Corsair fans & led strips plug in to that so it is proprietary (Exclusive to Corsair) The Phanteks Cable is for their own LED strips which you can buy separately or are included with some of their cases. I think this hub should do what you want as regards the fans & the LED strips. Only trouble is I've no idea if it will work with Coolermaster fans & Lian-Li strips. As I said in another thread, there's only one way to find out! If it does work then you have found a much cheaper solution than the commander pro.

Total: £21.69 (includes shipping: £2.74)​

Associate
OP
RGB & ARGB is a minefield when it comes to compatibility, I learned that late last year. There is no 'one size fits all'. I think you made a mistake buying the Commander pro, only Corsair fans & led strips plug in to that so it is proprietary (Exclusive to Corsair) The Phanteks Cable is for their own LED strips which you can buy separately or are included with some of their cases. I think this hub should do what you want as regards the fans & the LED strips. Only trouble is I've no idea if it will work with Coolermaster fans & Lian-Li strips. As I said in another thread, there's only one way to find out! If it does work then you have found a much cheaper solution than the commander pro.

Total: £21.69 (includes shipping: £2.74)
Thanks for the reply I just wish these manufactures would make this clear I tried to do as much research as I could before I bought but I could not find any information on the cables so just thought that they were standard.
TBH I think the corsair plugs are a much better option as they actually clip in where as the "normal ones feel loose".

Soldato
This is why I've stuck to strips, proprietary stuff is madness.

I almost went the Commander Pro route, decided against it, going for AquaSuite.

Back
Top Bottom