1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corsair customer service is rubbish ... sometimes ...

Discussion in 'Memory' started by blackninja, 18 Aug 2010.

1. blackninja

Wise Guy

I have 8GB ram made up of 2 x 4GB kits (2x2GB each) .. the ram is DDR2 6400C5 stuff so nothing exotic ... one stick fails to pass memtest in 3 of my PCs, the other 3 all pass OK. With the faulty stick a part of an 8GB configuration I get random crashes ... without that stick it works fine. Therefore one stick is faulty ...

So, I raise an rma beginning of May this year and send the Ram off, they send it back without any explanation or comment and I have complained that my broken ram is still broken wanting to know why they sent it back. The result is a dialogue with their tech support via their 'messaging' system with days/weeks between updates/replies so it takes ages to communicate .. and I am still no nearer getting a replacement. One message was to call a toll free number in the states .... idiots did not even notice that I was not in the usa where it would have been toll free, even after I promted them about this ...

Still at it but I really hope that my HX1000 psu don't need attention with this level of service on offer .....

2. PhillyDee

Capodecina

Have you done a memtest on all the ram?

It could be your northbridge needeing a bit more volts, with all the slots in use it can be a bit of a strain. Yellowbeard works for Corsair, and is kicking about somewhere. Probably post in here as it has corsair in the title :D

3. Scougar

Capodecina

I would buy Corsair almost based on their customer service alone. They amazingly even helped me diagnose a PC problem when I thought my PSU was duff after installing an X1950XT. They also sent out 6 to 8 pin PCI-E cables at no charge, as I'd bought an older model of the HX520W PSU. For me they have been nothing BUT helpful.

BTW corsair is based in the states, so not a lot can be done about that. They do very well considering!

Not sure it's the same anymore, but either look up Yellowbeard on here or the forum called 'houseofhelp'. Also, looked for the guy called RAMGUY. I'm sure I still owe him a beer! lol

EDIT: Here you go: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/index.php

4. Yellowbeard

Man of Honour

We're easy to find, here at OCUK or at our forum linked above. If you have a problem, we're here to help. Do you still have your RMA #?

5. setter

Caporegime

Off topic, do corsair offer a lifetime warranty on ram, just today the memory in my old a64 s939 system appears to be on its last legs. I dont have the recipt or anything as its so long ago since i bought it. ram is,

Corsair 2GB DDR XMS4000PT TwinX (2X1GB) CAS3

bough way back in november 2006, tested it with memtest and it threw up errors in a few minutes.

6. Yellowbeard

Man of Honour

7. Finguz

Gangster

Corsair's warranty is exceptional, as is their customer service. Last month I returned a faulty dual channel 1Gb kit (PC3200 )that was around 7 years old. They didn't have any 1Gb kits left so they sent me a 2Gb dual channel kit by express courier.

I fail to see what else they could have done :)

8. setter

Caporegime

Finguz, where did you have to send the ram too?

9. Geckovich

Wise Guy

I have to agree that Corsair's customer service is top notch. I sent a faulty PSU back to them on a Thursday, next Tuesday I received a shiny new one in the post.

10. jimbobaggies

Gangster

I've used Corsair CS, and had contact through their forums, cant fault them personally...

11. DirtyJester

Caporegime

Just for your info matey I sent mine to Holland last xmas and it was returned (brand new sealed kit) first week in January and this was with the mail hassle (rem the snow).

12. setter

Caporegime

Thanks jester for that, pretty quick turnaround, yep winter then was particularly nasty which makes the delivery time even better.:)

13. DirtyJester

Caporegime

No problem mate ... yeah mail service then was terrible as airports closed etc and at Christmas to boot. The whole process was very quick and I couldnt fault Corsair.

14. RandomNoob

Hitman

Ive never had an issue with Corsair having rma'd a few sticks of ram to them over the years, always found them to be quite helpful.

15. Finguz

Gangster

The Netherlands :)

Edit: I had to return some other ram when the RMA address was in the states ( several years ago )......The parcel took 3 days to reach Corsair, 4 hours for Corsair to test it and find it faulty, and I had the replacement kit less than 48 hours later.

Other firms can only dream about this kind of service ;)

Last edited: 21 Aug 2010
  16. setter

Caporegime

Thanks as well Finguz, ill get in touch with corsair, their rma procedure does sound very good. Ive only ever had to return products to two companies, logitech, who were fantastic, evga who were abysmal, wouldnt buy anything from that lot again.

17. Grummkol

Associate

Corsair customer service has always been top notch for me. I lost a bunch of PSU cables in a move and they sent me another set FOC. Which is why I continue to buy their products.

18. zapgod

Gangster

i had problems with my hx 1000, i resolved it in about 2 days and got an rma number or whatever its called. most of the times in our "conversation thingy" i got a reply maximum of 2 hours later.

<3 corsair.