Corsair RGB Connection Question.

Associate
Hello all,

I just have a quick question about my upcoming build. I want to use four ML140MM RGB and three ML120MM RGB fans around my case and I want to make sure I fully understand how everything needs to be connected in order for me to control lighting through iCUE.

If I understand everything correctly I should plug the fan PWM cables into the PWM headers on the Corsair Commander Pro (using one splitter cable to connect 7 fans to 6 PWM hubs) and plug the RGB cables from the fans into two Corsair RGB LED hubs which themselves connect to the two RGB LED headers on the Commander Pro. I believe I can also plug my H150i USB connector and the USB connector from my HX100i into the two USB ports on the Commander Pro.

Both the RGB hubs and the Commander Pro need to be plugged into SATA ports from my Corsair power supply, and the Commander Pro's USB cable can be plugged into an internal USB header.

Is this the correct way to connect everything? Will I be able to control the lighting from all of my fans by connecting everything this way? Would I also be able to control my fan speed?

Thanks!

Soldato
Essentially yes.
I'm not sure on the splitter working (you'll need 2, 1 for lights, 1 for fans)
iCue has fan speed control but it's not the best but perfectly fine if you want to control lights too.
The Corsair forum has more detailed info and is a good place to start.

I have a complete set up (Case, RAM, Cooler, Commander etc...) and it took me a while to figure it out. I really wasn't prepared for the about of cables I had in the back of the case.

Associate
OP
Essentially yes.
I'm not sure on the splitter working (you'll need 2, 1 for lights, 1 for fans)
iCue has fan speed control but it's not the best but perfectly fine if you want to control lights too.
The Corsair forum has more detailed info and is a good place to start.

I have a complete set up (Case, RAM, Cooler, Commander etc...) and it took me a while to figure it out. I really wasn't prepared for the about of cables I had in the back of the case.

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible I've overcomplicated things? I've just seen the Corsair Lighting Node Core and it got me thinking - could I just use that instead of the Commander Pro and RGB hub? I can plug my PWN fan headers into the fan hub in my case. Then I believe I could just plug the RGB fan cables into the Lighting Node Pro and connect that to my system using a sata port and internal USB header. I get that I wouldn't be able to automatically sync my lighting but since I want everything one colour that shouldn't be an issue. Is this workable? It seems better to just use the Lighting Node Pro rather than buy two separate items to do the same thing.

Soldato
You could just use the Lighting Node but you won't be able to control fan speeds via iCUE.
Some of the Corsair cases come with a hub (can't remember which one) I have a 465x with 6 fans, don't think I could get a 7th in if you are considering that option.

My Commander unit has RGB strips plugged in as well as fans so it was easier for me to do it that way, still not sure how I managed to get it right on the first attempt.

Back
Top Bottom