Corsair RGB Hub with Commander Pro

Soldato
Hi folks,

Anyone have any experience with these? Built my new rig last summer, but never had the rear fan RGB working. I have a H100i AIO which comes with the RGB connectors so the rad/fans all worked fine.

Earlier this year got the Commander Pro - useless tbh, didn't realise it had no RGB connections just 2 LED strips and 6 fan headers mainly. Then realised I needed the £10 Corsair RGB Hub so I could use it combined with the CP to have up to 6 fans and 6 RGB headers in use.

Got the RGB hub yesterday, connected it this morning - none of the RGB works now... Could it be a DOA unit or could I be a pleb with my connections? I'm connected via ports 1-3 (2 from AIO and my 1 rear) on the hub. Tried 4-6 none work for any of the fans.

I can't see where I've gone wrong. The CP still works and is recognised... the RGB Hub has SATA power, it has the 3-pin connector from Hub -> CP in LED port (checked 2 youtube vids all do the same) so it can talk to that. The 3 fan headers are in the CP and work fine, but the 3 RGB headers in the hub are doing nothing it seems.

If all sounds correct, can only assume unit is DOA and contact OcUK to sort a replacement. But never expected Corsair's kit to be so bloody complicated and needing multiple hubs for such a simple task...

Any advice be appreciated

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Sorted... for anyone else wondering - just had to load iCUE up and change the lighting performance options.

Weird that the default lighting settings in the RGB hub = zero lighting...

Associate
I have just got Commander pro with QL FANS so i cant get RGB hubs to show on Icue at all when plugged into Commander pro Any help on this pleasee

Associate
Sorted... for anyone else wondering - just had to load iCUE up and change the lighting performance options.

Weird that the default lighting settings in the RGB hub = zero lighting...

Yep, had the same surprise as you, then started up iCue which again, is not intuitive. It's set to off because you first have to go in and tell iCue what device you have installed and which RGB headers you have connected to.

Associate
I have just got Commander pro with QL FANS so i cant get RGB hubs to show on Icue at all when plugged into Commander pro Any help on this pleasee

The RGB fans don't show on ICUE only Commander Pro. You have to plug the CP on your motherboard USB then ICUE will Auto detect CP like below
50884760577_baef481c9c_k.jpg

Then click on Commander Pro to get the RGB fans and change the lighting
50883880113_8481970c95_k.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
The RGB fans don't show on ICUE only Commander Pro. You have to plug the CP on your motherboard USB then ICUE will Auto detect CP like below
50884760577_baef481c9c_k.jpg

Then click on Commander Pro to get the RGB fans and change the lighting

I have an RM750x and iCue. How comes mine doesn't show up ? Do you need one of them " J_Corsair " headers on the mobo ?

Lighting works great with the Node Core controller however

Associate
On my motherboard I have two USB's one is for CP and other for my RM850i at the back of the PSU there should be a 'Corsair Link Mini-B' usb link that to your motherboard and ICUE will auto detect the PSU also the Commander Pro have two strip light headings I the same setup for my RGB strips lights you don't need the node pro. Unless you're like me that have 8 RGB fans then you need the LED controller plug in the CP usb.

PSU Corsair link mini-b usb
50884153888_2f23eab2d0_z.jpg

Commander Pro setup workout, I have same setup on my rig

50884153873_607b51ddcf_c.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom