Corsair SF series recall

Soldato
From Corsair's forum:

To CORSAIR Customers
We have recently identified higher-than normal RMA rates among our SF family of small-form-factor PSUs. Following a thorough investigation, we have found a potential issue that can manifest when the PSU is exposed to a combination of both high temperatures, and high humidity. This regrettably can cause the PSU to fail. This issue potentially affects units in lot codes 194448xx to 201148xx, manufactured between October 2019 and March 2020
This problem can be apparent as soon as the unit is powered on for the first time, or manifest over time as the unit is exposed to a range of environmental conditions. We want to reassure customers that impacted units in no way risk damage to the components and hardware connected to your SF series PSU. This fault can occur only on the primary side of the PSU and is entirely isolated from the DC side of the PSU’s transformer that delivers power to your PC’s hardware.

Support link here.

Soldato
Since the PSU has the possibility of destroying all your expensive components it's well worth checking.

i thought corsair said it specifically couldnt do that as the fault is on the AC side not the DC.

Corsair is also keen to stress that the rest of your system’s components will not be affected, given that the problem doesn’t occur on the “DC side” of the PSU, which powers the components in a system.

Soldato
As Kurgen said - or I'd be much more proactively dismantling my pc! That said, I've just properly read the statement from Corsair and saw the manufacturing date range - I bought mine before that so I guess I'm ok!
Good to see that Corsair are being proactive about this though, makes me glad I chose them as a brand.

Soldato
I have paid $100 for an advanced replacement SF600 platinum, hopefully it comes in the next few days. Then I need swap it out and return the old on, hopefully it's not too difficult to so. I'm going to keep my current cables in place.

Back
Top Bottom