Corsair Vengeane RGB Pro High Temps

Associate
Currently have 4 x 8GB 3600Mhz DIMMs (Hynix) installed with XMP enabled. No further OC, everything else is on Auto.

I've been keeping an eye on temps, and with LEDs enabled the sticks seem to run a little too hot, with the 2 DIMMs in the middle sometimes maxing out at around 71C when gaming. It seems that the LEDs on Corsair Vengeance sticks do run a little toasty as is, but I thought I'd test temps with them on as well as off. And this is what surprised me: LEDs on can increase the temps under load by over 20C (48C under load with LEDs off), and that's just plain ridiculous really, as that gets added to the surrounding environment, too.

Is this just a design oversight by Corsair? Or is this just to be expected?

a>

Soldato
Currently have 4 x 8GB 3600Mhz DIMMs (Hynix) installed with XMP enabled. No further OC, everything else is on Auto.

I've been keeping an eye on temps, and with LEDs enabled the sticks seem to run a little too hot, with the 2 DIMMs in the middle sometimes maxing out at around 71C when gaming. It seems that the LEDs on Corsair Vengeance sticks do run a little toasty as is, but I thought I'd test temps with them on as well as off. And this is what surprised me: LEDs on can increase the temps under load by over 20C (48C under load with LEDs off), and that's just plain ridiculous really, as that gets added to the surrounding environment, too.

Is this just a design oversight by Corsair? Or is this just to be expected?

a>

Reminds me of this with ssds with RGB LEDS that were overheating and not working right.

Back
Top Bottom