Corsair XMS 3200 compatibility?

Suspended
Hi there,

I have an A64 system with 1gb of XMS 3200. Originally I had two different revisions of 512mb sticks, and as a result of them being different revisions, they wouldn't work together.

However, OcUK swapped one of them for the same revision as the other, and now they work together.

My question, is if I buy another 1gb matched pair of this ram, will the revisions be compatible?

I hope this is an easy question for you ram experts to answer without me opening up the pc to find out the exact revisions I have ;)

However of course if needed, I'll find out the revisions I have.

Thanks for reading and hopefully you can help :)

Associate
Are you about to add another 1gb kit to make a 2gb kit. You must have heard this before but that isnt great as you have to run 2t and you are more likely to hit a load more stablity issues. Have you thought about selling your present 1gb kit and getting a 2gb kit - see mm as few sets on there with conroe upgrades

Suspended
OP
Hi mate, I see your point, but I'm not gonna be overclocking either ram or cpu, so with that in mind, does that change anything?

Thanks

Associate
Yes because when running 4 sticks they default to 333 rather than 400 so will run at 166 rather than 200. You will then need to clock them up to 200 but you already have a perfomance hit as your running 2t + you will probably get other stability problems. Its really not worth it. If you need 2gb then get a pair of 1gb sticks. You read about this all the time where people try to have 4gb and even with great memory sticks and a good board they have problems

Back
Top Bottom