1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cosmos S Power Switch and Gigabyte UD7

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sharpedge, 11 Apr 2010.

1. Sharpedge

Gangster

I have just installed a Gigabyte UD7 motherboard into my Cosmos S and I'm not able to get the power switch to work. The power switch lead is a 2 pin female and the mother board header for the lead is a 3 pin male. The manual explains that the left pin is + and the right pin is -. There is no mention of the centre pin. I have tried the power lead on both middle left and middle right and have not managed to get the case to start from the touch sensitive button.

Is there a 2 to 3 converter out there or do I simply cut the power lead socket in half and insert each wire separately? Any ideas?

2. copycatuk

Hitman

i may be talking a load of rubbish here but have you connected the power for the touch button aswell as the power header on keyboard?

3. RJC

Don

Are you looking at the right pins, as the manual shows only 2!

Pic below.

[​IMG]

4. DELETED_83755

Wise Guy

RJC is correct, my cooler master case had 2 female lead for power switch. which goes in the F_PANEL (front panel header)

You may be referring to the 3 pin male PWR_LED (system power LED header), which I haven't used in my Gigabyte mobo.

5. Sharpedge

Gangster

DOH!!!!!!
    Could not see the wood for the trees....Thanks for the help:rolleyes: