Cost of magazine advertisement

Soldato
I have placed adverts in 'Cycling monthly' magazine (55000 circulation).

For a full page full colour it's about £1200, negotiable down to about £1000.

most of them will deal - saying things like 'We'll review your product with 2 colour pages if you place 6 adverts'. It's all a bit rotten really -- place lots of payable adverts if you want previews/reviews etc/space on their 'gossip' page etc.. :( Although they didn't go as corrupt as saying 'place adverts for a GOOD review'

Was it a direct response ad? How did it go?

I have had nothing but failure with print advertising. Vowed never to do it again but it always niggles me for some reason.

Permabanned
Was it a direct response ad? How did it go?

I have had nothing but failure with print advertising. Vowed never to do it again but it always niggles me for some reason.

Complete failure really. But then it was a fairly atrocious product! Even my 'dragons den' appearence only got a few sales ...

you know what they say about polishing a turd!! :)

Soldato
Complete failure really. But then it was a fairly atrocious product! Even my 'dragons den' appearence only got a few sales ...

you know what they say about polishing a turd!! :)

The only person I know who has had success is a friend who runs a guitar shop and he does kind of catalogue style ads.

What was your DD product? You still doing it?

Permabanned
The only person I know who has had success is a friend who runs a guitar shop and he does kind of catalogue style ads.

What was your DD product? You still doing it?

Jacked it in. If you can be bothered find the last episode of the second season of Dragons Den.

I'm the first dude on it! Fame eh!

Soldato
Jacked it in. If you can be bothered find the last episode of the second season of Dragons Den.

I'm the first dude on it! Fame eh!

Personal trainer cycling software?

DD asked me if I wanted to apply this year. Thought about doing it for publicity but I know I don't have an investment opportunity so I wouldn't be able to defend myself.

I had an appearance on The Apprentice last year as well. :D

Back
Top Bottom