1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coucil Housing question :o

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alexakasloth, 7 Jul 2006.

1. alexakasloth

Sgarrista

Hey all,

My mum is thinking of moving back up to the Hemel/ Watford area as my nan hasn't been doing the best, and my mum doesn't really know many people down here.
    The thing is I want to stay down here, as TBH I ****ing love it down here. Now for the question, we live in a 2 bed council flat, as it's in her name at the moment, when she moves out would I still be able to continue living here? Could she pass the flat onto me so that I could continue renting? (It would be a damn site cheaper than any other option [apart from the streets :p]).

$

2. Bear

Capodecina

Im pretty sure you cant. You would have to apply for council housing yourself and be assessed in terms of need on a waiting list AFAIK.

3. VIRII

PermaBanned

It would be an utter disgrace if you could.
    Why can't you just get pregnant at 14 and get a flat the official way huh?

Brighton is supposed to be a really great place to live, I live near Hemel - I feel your pain.

4. Bear

Capodecina

I've yet to see any one in a darth vader suit in Hemel or Watford but when I do, Im sure to say hello :)

5. VIRII

PermaBanned

LOL. I tend to avoid Watford where possible preferring St Albans or Hemel.

6. Mr Men

Sgarrista

Im pretty sure if you have lived there longer than 6 months the lease can be transferred to you, but it might be different for each local council, best to ask them really.

7. singist

Mobster

As above; may be different for you (look on the council site) but you should be ok to continue the tenancy.

8. Roughneck

Soldato

cant she put you on the rent book ? then you can continue to rent it after shes left

9. knip

Capodecina

Does she have to tell them shes moving?
    Cant you just take over paying the rent and keep it in her name?

10. Ak!ta

Wise Guy

Get your name as a co-resident, then you will have a chance of transfering the tenancy to your name... good luck!